TCCoA Forums banner

tbirdbrain

2K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  charlies 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I'd like to ask everyone if they could keep one of our outstanding members in their prayers. Preston - (tbirdbrain) is very ill.

Back in late February he went in for a surgery and hasn't bounced back. Michele informed me that the doctors are looking the source, but said it is some form of metastatic cancer. :(

Let's pray and hope for the best.

Joe

#2 ·
I don't know if his health has anything to do with his activity here, but it has been some time since he has posted anything..

Best wishes, and hope you get better soon..

Rayo..

#5 ·
Me too, man!

We need you back to powdercoating, and porting manifolds. :)

That said, tbirdbrain, I hope you can get a PET scan (PET/CT, PET/MR, there are options); that can tell you pretty well what the issue is, if Cancer is involved.

That is the first thing I would want.

#16 ·
God's blessings to you and your family.

#17 ·
Preston came home a week ago. He fell Saturday night and broke his neck. We are waiting to hear from oncologist to see if they think they can get his hemoglobin and platelettes high enough so he can even begin chemo. If not we have to call hospice. And tell our 11-yr-old the full story.
Please keep those prayers coming. We really need a miracle at this point.
Thanks,
Michele

#21 ·
life sucks sometimes. first jl, now preston. and james isn't exactly in great shape either. we are always here for you michelle and preston jr.

#22 ·
Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Andrea and I continue to lift you guys up. I wish we were closer.

#23 ·
My thoughts and prayers are with Preston and Michele.

Michele I appreciated you reaching out to me a couple years ago with that app when my illness initially started. Not many people take the time to think about something like that for a complete stranger. My condition continues to decline but as technology improves I'm more able to cope without people noticing my condition, and take more photos to remind me of the good days which gives me hope. People like you who take the time to think of others and reach out to them in their time of need mean the world to me. I appreciated all of your advice and did seek out groups in my times of despair.

I wish you both nothing but the best. I'm so sorry to hear this, your family will be in my prayers.

Thank you again,
Chris

#24 ·
We moved Preston to a Hospice facility last night. The doctors think we may have just a few weeks left. I am hoping and praying that the next week gives Preston some lucid time to talk with our son and I, and his parents.
Please keep praying for us. I hope that hospice can give him peace in his last days. It has been a tough six weeks he has been fighting, but he is just too far along.
I hope that at least one person who has been ignoring a health issue will see this and go see a doctor instead of ignoring this. No spouse should have to go through this, no parents should have to go through this. And most of all no 11-yr-old should have to go through this.
Thanks.

#25 ·
I pray.

Dear Jesus please grant this family to find resolve, understanding, and embrace acceptance, in this most sad, and difficult time.

Please continue to remind us that anytime we may feel a separation from You, and the spirit of our love ones; that is an illusion.

I pray for the child that this experience, in Your wisdom, is a healthy teaching of Your will for us in the cycle of life.

That dignity, peace, and happiness forever be the foundation of the core of our being.

I ask these things in Jesus name, Christ shed blood of lamb,

Amen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.