TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been noticing since I've started driving my bird again with the mark8 torque converter.. and I've been noticing it more since it's been 20s weather outside.. for the first 5 or 10 minutes.. it seems as if the tc doesn't 100% lockup in 3rd/4th.. Give it a little driving and once it gets good and warm... acts 100% normal.. nothing unusual.. I let it warm up some before I leave.. and I dont get into throttle hard at all while it's still not fully warm. Could it be a chip/tune thing? (Still running a temp tune atm.. not my final tune) Normal operation? Indications of pending doom?

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Should be completely normal...mine has done that on a very few occasions (I could probably count the times on one hand...but then again I live in Florida :D). It will let the fluid warm up to a certain level before it will lock.

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
I know on the Bauamn TCS it will not lock up the TC unless the Fluid is over 100*F, which, I am sure the Ford EEC does the same.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
WkStill said:
I know on the Bauamn TCS it will not lock up the TC unless the Fluid is over 100*F, which, I am sure the Ford EEC does the same.
Exactly, It's not the converter it's the program. The slippage of the converter should help warm the fluid as well and it won't cause any problems like that.
Alan

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great.. thanks for the replies.. that's what I was thinking but I just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
From a totally cold start on a cold morning, it takes my car about 4 miles or so for the EEC to start using the lockup feature. anything close to that is normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts