TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending over $2200 on my new transmission and TC, I went out tonight to fire up the 'bird after four days of sitting.

I decided to rev-her up to about 3000 RPM (after a thorough warm-up) and noticed a shutter when revving.

I thought I was dreaming, so I revved and held it at about 2500 RPM and within seconds the shaking began again.

Now I'm already pissed (seeking advise here) at the tranny shop that "rebuilt" my tranny and now this! Is this normal???

On their invoice the have listed "torque converter" and 325.00 for it. Of course, not much else.

I can scan the invoice if it helps...but it's kinda generic.

Should I be concerned? Seems that an engine revving at 2500 RPM should be just as smooth as at idle. My RPMs jumped all over the place!

Thanks Everyone!
JC

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SanDiegoLXBird said:
They may have not seated the TC correctly. I'd suggest not trying to drive the car (if possible) until one of the Trans experts can chime in.
Thanks buddy!

The bird is my "hot rod" of sorts...

JC

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I don't think its a problem wihth the TC being improperly seated but there isn't nearly enough info here to go on. Did the car drive ok after it was first done? Does the engine sound ok? Are there any unusual noises?
Give us as much info as you can please.

Thanks
Darrin

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Darrin for the reply.

The engine is strong for 180,000 miles. No noises or anything coming from engine or transmission. The car has been back to the tranny shop three times for adjustments (poor shifting, hard downshifts, etc.) and shows no sign of the problem while driving.

I've recently replaced the MAF, plugs and wires on the engine, but that's about it...it's all stock.

It's something I just noticed after starting it up last night and it seemed rather odd.

JC

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
No unusual noises on a sudden problem like this kinda confuses me. This is something that you will have to have someone who knows what they are doing look over in person. I don't think we can diagnose it online.
Still, as much detail as possible will help and maybe stir up some ideas.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Could be many things, but check the easy ones firts. Put it up on ramps or stands and check the converter to flex plate nuts. You may even find one has come off. This would be enough to cause a slight imbalance. Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts