TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, when going with a 99 tranny in a 97 Bird, do I have to swap the 97 TCC AND do the repin, or just do the repin? I have looked at several articles, and it seem some say to do the swap, and others say to just swap in the tranny with the repin.

SWS

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Just repin. TCC swap is necessary only with 94/5s
Mine is swapped with the soft harness soldiered onto the newer TCC.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah...I don't know what that means. I can build whatever is necessary, but I do not know the terms you are using. Is the soft harness what I have in the 97 and the other being the hard plastic.

SWS

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Yeah...I don't know what that means. I can build whatever is necessary, but I do not know the terms you are using. Is the soft harness what I have in the 97 and the other being the hard plastic.

SWS
Yes, the early transmissions in our cars are "wired" while the newer transmissions use a circuit board instead of the wires connecting the solenoids and electrical plug.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts

SWS
Yes the soft harness is the harness you have in your 97. There's different ways to skin a cat. Do whatever your more comfortable doing. Mine was done just like the article, reused the factory harness and soldered some spade terminals onto the new TCC. However if your move comfortable pin swapping you could reuse the hard plastic harness instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts