TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Random thought, has anybody ever looking into creating a android app for the website?:confused: I have no idea how difficult the task is :rolleyes:but I just thought about it as I was browsing through the market today.:tongue:

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I just use the internet browser on mine...works fine...I guess an app would be cool? It might be easier in some ways, I guess...

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
vBulletin has an iPhone app available that forum owners can get to add on to their sites....looks like they offer it for Android as well:

https://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=mobile

But seeing as how the software isn't kept up to date, and it's not a free add-on, I have no specific expectations of them adding it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I highly recommend Tapatalk. It also requires a plugin to be installed in the forum, but it is a free plugin. The app for Android/iPhone, on the other hand, costs a couple bucks but it's totally worth it. Many other forums already support Tapatalk.

Tapatalk can also provide a TCCoA-specific branded forum app, but this is quite expensive. I believe the cost is $999 for them to to build a custom branded app. Probably not worth it.

The other nice thing about using the regular cheap Tapatalk app is it gives people another way to discover this site, as the Tapatalk app provides a searchable list of all Tapatalk-enabled forums.

Hope this helps. I'm not affiliated with Tapatalk in any way, I just really like using it :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vBulletin has an iPhone app available that forum owners can get to add on to their sites....looks like they offer it for Android as well:

https://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=mobile

But seeing as how the software isn't kept up to date, and it's not a free add-on, I have no specific expectations of them adding it.
Sounds interesting. I wouldnt mind paying a little to help out if the member wanted to go this route.
I highly recommend Tapatalk. It also requires a plugin to be installed in the forum, but it is a free plugin. The app for Android/iPhone, on the other hand, costs a couple bucks but it's totally worth it. Many other forums already support Tapatalk.

Tapatalk can also provide a TCCoA-specific branded forum app, but this is quite expensive. I believe the cost is $999 for them to to build a custom branded app. Probably not worth it.

The other nice thing about using the regular cheap Tapatalk app is it gives people another way to discover this site, as the Tapatalk app provides a searchable list of all Tapatalk-enabled forums.

Hope this helps. I'm not affiliated with Tapatalk in any way, I just really like using it :)
dam, $999 bucks! lol...get a bake sale going, Ill bring the brownies lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts