TCCoA Forums banner

101 - 120 of 148 Posts

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
If you buy one from Ford racing they don't come with the plastic on top. I've seen these engines as low as $6129, it's a great value.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i agree if i had that engine i would remove the cover. but i could picture that coyote with a supercharger it'll be a beast for real!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
...Maybe it's the cars I grew up around but when I was a kid if someone popped the hood of something like a 3.0/3.2 SHO or a 5.0 mustang I'd just be in awe of those neat looking intake runners and such, and the best part was they were as functional as they were pretty.

Today every bit of mechanical part is covered by black plastic like that, weather it be a fake "twin plenum" like the coyote or fake DOHCish valve cover covers in a LS motor. Sure the performance from those motors eclipse the old ones but there's no standing around looking at those engine bays with excitement anymore.:(
Ahhhh but you're still young! I miss the days when we opened the hoods with anticipation of not only knowing if it had "the V8 or the V6" but WHAT V8! Mustangs (and T-birds, Galaxies, etc.) were available with a 6, or a 302, or a 351 (2 of em!), a 400(?), 428, 429, etc... It was all in the popping of the hood. Also miss those big round air cleaners on top of the engine, and that you could actually see around the engine to the K-member and the floor... (well... unless the DID have that big ol honkin 429... hehe)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Ahhhh but you're still young! I miss the days when we opened the hoods with anticipation of not only knowing if it had "the V8 or the V6" but WHAT V8! Mustangs (and T-birds, Galaxies, etc.) were available with a 6, or a 302, or a 351 (2 of em!), a 400(?), 428, 429, etc... It was all in the popping of the hood. Also miss those big round air cleaners on top of the engine, and that you could actually see around the engine to the K-member and the floor... (well... unless the DID have that big ol honkin 429... hehe)
Amen Michael. :D And you didn't have to pull the engine to install headers or jack up the engine to remove the valve cover.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
That is one thing I like about my Mustang with it being carbureted and all. The air cleaner is pretty big. Even the valve covers look cool. They are finned and say "Powered By Ford" towards the bottom of them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well if anyone is going to the Carlisle PA Ford Nationals event next week, the raffle is for a Coyote as first prize on Saturday. There is an electronic link to sign up for the raffle.

Second prize on Sunday is an original 71 Pinto. Here's the link. Hope one of us wins to then take an MN12 to the next level.

http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/giveaway.asp

I too miss the excitement of popping the hood and seeing what's underneath. Big aircleaners, carbs, and even the 5.0 HO intake runners are cool. The plastic, while I'm sure is relevant in some engineering way (weight, size, power, etc), is anti the effect.

I'm just waiting for someone to "beautify" the plastic covers by chrome or copper plating them. I'm sure that paint is not far behind for the "ugliest thing done to a Coyote motor" thread which awaits.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Sorry for the necropost and going back to the OP...

or not..

I took the liberty of posting the video on Blazerforum and it's a big hit there. They get it, BIG TIME!

The Car Forum Video
Digest of forum tech discussions in under six minutes

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Sorry for the necropost and going back to the OP...

or not..

I took the liberty of posting the video on Blazerforum and it's a big hit there. They get it, BIG TIME!

The Car Forum Video
Yup its pretty much a universal video.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I wonder about transmissions, what bolts up?
Someone should prob start a new thread on the coyote in the new edge bullitt :rolleyes: :D but apparently the 3650 in the Bullitt bolts right up. I have no idea if that bullitt tranny is any different than the standard t45 or 4r07w.

I watched your vid again today still has me laughin

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I bet the plastic engine covers are more to keep the customer out of the motor than anything else....just remove the stinkin' thing!

I was thinking about swapping a cover from a 4.6 Explorer motor onto mine....;) not that I would....thinking I said :D

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Everytime I see that vid I absolutely laugh my *ss off when he says he wants duel 8inch TB and a 6inch MAF while going over 140 on stock tires. ALL FOR LESS THAN $47.88 including CAMS lol.

101 - 120 of 148 Posts