TCCoA Forums banner
101 - 120 of 130 Posts
Going to throw in my .02 cents. My facebook page Ford Thunderbird/MN12 which I've owned for 3 years is a good example of which demographics we should focus on.

As attached we see that our focus is mostly in the 18-35yr olds. Which is a younger crowd for the most part. Most of which use a smartphone. As TM said earlier that the overlords have listened and are working on some updates. I thought I'd share my picture to show that its not all just an older crowd type anymore. Start by grabbing attention of some of the younger people. As they are the future.

No intent to start any flame wars or anything, but realize as been said these cars are teens first choice now. They wont be the nicest, but do accept the fact that some will come to the forums and that if you start being "Trolls" to them they will leave. Thus lead to the enthusiasm going down.

Attachments

I haven't been here for a while. That's simply because some of my interests have changed, and due to some health problems. I can't "Tinker" with my T'bird like I use to. But that doesn't mean that I'm not still interested. When I saw this I started reading it. But then at some point it just turned into banter, so I skimmed the rest of it. I'm old school. I don't do any "Social" internet stuff like facebook, etc.. I just have a basic flip phone and that's all I need. I do have a laptop and a home PC which I am on now. Progress is good. But we still need a little simplicity and wisdom. The site does need refreshing. But I don't think it should be any bigger than it's britches.....

FB is a huge privacy hole; this place is as "social network" as I go. :)

While we are at it, get rid of the stupid 20 seconds required between searches.

Discussion starter · #110 ·
I forgot that stupid search delay was still implemented for everyone, hated that.

Other search update I'd like to see is a lowered search character minimum. Currently it's four and considering the vast amount of parts and acronyms that are three characters I think that three should really be the new minimum.

...since no conversation is complete with my joining in...this site needs more...explosions.

Problem Solved.
EvilMoose, just as you requested, and I agree. :cool:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eAoR4h6SQGg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The search delay is an unnecessary inconvenience to the folks who have made this site what it is. Imagine if Google said, no wait 10 seconds between searches. LOL

Imagine if Google said, no wait 10 seconds between searches. LOL
We'd be saying "Excite that" or "Let me Yahoo that for you". :D

Whatever happened to Ask Jeeves?

The search term you specified (a) is under the minimum word length (2) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

For

I typed "post a pic of what you took today". Being that it is more than two words, perhaps it's the wildcard thang... This message occurs more times than not when I attempt to use the search provision.

What that error says is "a" is less than two characters, which it is.

Search delay, keyword too short... both reasons to use Google/Bing/Yahoo/DuckDuckGo as your site search engine. Not to mention an outside search engine will provide other tccoa pages as results (jmod, etc.)

101 - 120 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.