TCCoA Forums banner
121 - 130 of 130 Posts
Search delay, keyword too short... both reasons to use Google/Bing/Yahoo/DuckDuckGo as your site search engine. Not to mention an outside search engine will provide other tccoa pages as results (jmod, etc.)
Yes, I often use an outside search engine to find threads on information I've never read by typing "TCCoA" in the search.

I just tried the site search, and left out the word "a", and it worked.

To find threads I've authored I often click my username on "Who's Online", and also find threads I've posted on.

So what's the bottom line on changes that are going to be made ? Asking because it seems like there are a lot of people saying what is and isn't going to happen, that don't appear to own the place.

Also curious how many Admins, Super Moderators and Moderators we currently have on TCCoA ? On the surface there seems to be a lot of guys for a board of this size.

I would like to see TCCoA dues lowered to $15 a year and would also like for at least one third of club dues revenue to be used to sponsor club related events.

David

Discussion starter · #124 ·
AG is working on the homepage and mobile stuff currently, I haven't heard any updates on when they'll be implemented though. As I said in the first post, there's things the owners(AutoGuide) has the ability to change, which is all site related (they also handle memberships), nobody who has posted in this thread except AGadmin can make these kind of changes. In terms of topic and rules though that's really up to all of us to agree on, with the exception of the possibility of adding or condensing sections as has been brought up.

Idea for a new premium member feature
A Repair/Maint Blog Forum, you can read them but not post into them unless you pay. Based on my post in the Misc section, there is possibly a demand for this feature. It would potentially encourage people to pay for the option.

This mobile format is terrible. It is just like corral.net which is what I was afraid of. How can I turn this crap off?

We went to plaid!
Acutally to mobile support, but space balls is a good movie.

Having taken a couple hours to read this thread, I like what some people have brought up in terms of positive changes;

• Front page
  • "Garage" area
  • ROTM
  • Bunch of stuff TM said on post 52

The current mobile website isn't that great to use as it has several kinks in it still, but I know it's a work in progress. AutoGuide owns Drive Accord which is another forum I'm a member of, and their implementation of the mobile version there is spot on. The format that they're trying to setup here is the same, so for me navigating the forum from my Note 3 is relatively easy. However, as I've stated in the mobile website feedback thread, the ability to make a post is not there. You are able to click "reply", but when you go to submit your reply, it just hangs there and does nothing.

I'm going to throw in my .02 cents.
Start the Monthly/ Weekly picture thing.
Project/ Progress on the homepage of a members project that way it much more visible to the public.
I wouldn't mind a new forum skin but many want that aswell so time will tell.

All in all I don't visit this site as much anymore due to me using my time on the SCCOA group on Facebook more than on here. I keep up to date faster, and much more on there. Also getting a quick response isn't a bad thing either. :tongue:
I second this.

NO politics subforum, PERIOD. If there's one thing that I am completely against, it's that. I would be for a cooking & baking subforum before I would ever be for having a politics subforum.

I have a great idea! Start your own political forum; an entity completely separate from TCCoA, and then just let people join up there. You could even be the owner/sole admin/sole moderator there. I'd even let you announce it in one single post.

This is an automotive enthusiast forum first and foremost. Of course we are all human beings and need some "means of escape", but I draw the line.
I agree completely with this. Yeah, there are a lot of different opinions on politics, government, and the leadership of this country. Everybody is gonna have a different opinion. It's always gonna end up an argument, then some sort of fighting. Why even make something that you know is going to cause an inevitable set of problems?
And again I see XR7 and GM taking the stance on a topic, since when did you folks OWN tccoa? A forum change is something that needs to be voted on by the majority of the members. Nothing should be put off limits to be voted upon, just based on the opinions of a few. This isn't YOUR forum, it's OUR forum, treat it as such. This forum being monopolized by a select few is the entire reason we are in this mess. Well that and the condecending nature of a few to newcomers. Suggesting a search is one thing, reaming out a new member for not knowing our system is another.
So your opinion holds the majority vote? Because we're not the only two outvoting you here;) Lobbying to become a moderator of the section YOU are so desperate to see get created is quite revealing, and throwing an tantrum about it should only serve to cement anyone's stance on that section not being restored.
As a relative newbie / lurker / seldom poster, I agree with everyone else on this. No political section should be added whatsoever.

The only two forums I visit that have mobile formats are SVTperformance.com and corral.net. I don't find the mobile format all that easy to navigate on those sites and prefer the unformatted TCCoA. There are some sites that use Tapatalk but I've never used it due to flakey reviews on the App Store.

They one thing that would scare me away as someone looking to join would be that stupid "Upgrade My membership" link and the list of extremely limited privileges allowed to non-paying members.

-Bryan
Like I said in the beginning of my post here, I'm on Drive Accord which is also owned by Autoguide. Like here, Autoguide implemented the same smartphone GUI there as they did here shortly after purchasing Drive Accord. However, since it's been implemented for much longer over there it any growing pains issues on the mobile site over there seem to be resolved. Here on TCCoA, the biggest issue I've got with the mobile website so far is that I can't make a post like I've already mentioned. I can view threads and whatnot just fine, but when it comes to make a post, it won't let me!

I haven't used Tapatalk for other forums I frequent that support the app primarily because you have to pay for the app. Yes, that's me admitting that I'm cheap! LOL

I don't know how Ford bringing back the Tbird would help TCCoA. Unless Ford decided to dust off the MN12's tooling and release a very dated new car:tongue:
:rofl:

The search delay is an unnecessary inconvenience to the folks who have made this site what it is. Imagine if Google said, no wait 10 seconds between searches. LOL
:rofl:

Still can't post in mobile version.

Note 3, Android 4.4.4, Chrome.

On the other Auto Guide owned forum I frequently post on, Driveaccord.net, I am able to post from this same exact phone without any issues.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.