TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to build my trans the way the tech article talks about but I can not print or download it to take to my trans guy. He cant look on a lap top the whole time he's trying to build my trans. Can anyone help?

·
Administrator
745 Posts
Print it at the public library.
Dump it to a thumb drive, take it somewhere and pay to have it printed.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Or better yet, let some of the people on here build it for you. If your mechanic needs instructions, I would be concerned about the build (if it fails, I guarante, you'll hear, "I built it to your specs, no warranty")

They have build them, raced them, broken them, repaired them many many times and are very familiar with what is needed.

It may be more expensive and require shipping a transmission, but I think you'll be pleased in the long run.

·
Super Moderator
11,875 Posts
Or better yet, let some of the people on here build it for you. If your mechanic needs instructions, I would be concerned about the build (if it fails, I guarante, you'll hear, "I built it to your specs, no warranty")

They have build them, raced them, broken them, repaired them many many times and are very familiar with what is needed.

It may be more expensive and require shipping a transmission, but I think you'll be pleased in the long run.
Agreed. There are several people here who have a great deal of experience with these transmissions.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies but if I can't print it or save at home don't think the library will work any better. No way I'm going to write it and miss something. As for my trans guy he's a power glide man and builds those to run in his 1100 hp blown alcohol dragster. Just not a 4r70w guy. Any of the builders your talking about in MS or near. Just don't understand why you post that article and then lock it so it can't be printed. Worried about some one stealing it?

·
Super Moderator
4,889 Posts
Thanks for the replies but if I can't print it or save at home don't think the library will work any better. No way I'm going to write it and miss something. As for my trans guy he's a power glide man and builds those to run in his 1100 hp blown alcohol dragster. Just not a 4r70w guy. Any of the builders your talking about in MS or near. Just don't understand why you post that article and then lock it so it can't be printed. Worried about some one stealing it?
I dunno what you're on about - I right-click on the article, left-click on PRINT, and it prints under Google Chrome. Same under FireFox.

I can also print to PDFs from here.

Dunno what your problem is.

RwP

Added: OK - one is in Flash format, and one isn't. http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/shiftybusiness.html tells you how to do it and IS printable.

The long one isn't printable, but it's amazing how easy it is to pull the SWF files out of the temp folder and save them.

Also, the JPGs of the actual hole sizes ARE printable.

RwP

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
That is exacly what I was trying to point out. A powerglide is not a 4R70W. How many 4R70W's has he built? Obvioulys not many if he is going to use instructions from a web site. Are you willing to be his "test subject" on learning how to modify a 4R70W?

But again, just my .02 and trying to help you spend your money wisely. But ultimately it is your money. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I know of 4 guys here who build them professionally and none are in mississippi (that is what ms is right?)
Including myself one in NC, One in OH, One in KS and One in IN.
Alan

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
+1 on sending it to a seasoned OD automatic pro. No offense, but a Powerglide is a long ways off from any OD automatic.....

I think you'll be much happier if you don't let your tranny be someone's guinea pig.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Ralph but I was not talking about the jmod, done that already. And since I'm not going to ship a trans across the country, I can buy a built one if that’s what I wanted, no I would like the experience of the build. But since all I can hear is whining I'll go else where. So stupid to post that article and lock it.
P.S. took photos of my screen and loaded them into photo shop then printed. Lot of crap to print an article, kind of like asking for help in this forum.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Thanks Ralph but I was not talking about the jmod, done that already. And since I'm not going to ship a trans across the country, I can buy a built one if that’s what I wanted, no I would like the experience of the build. But since all I can hear is whining I'll go else where. So stupid to post that article and lock it.
P.S. took photos of my screen and loaded them into photo shop then printed. Lot of crap to print an article, kind of like asking for help in this forum.
Easy killa. I did my own jmod and I was able to print the instructions from the tech article so I could take them to the shop where I performed the jmod myself getting the experience as you said you want to.

People are people and newbies come on asking stupid questions or try to attempt the impossible all the time; don't be so sensitive and take it personal. Noone was trying to not help you, just trying to save you headaches, that's all.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Thanks Ralph but I was not talking about the jmod, done that already. And since I'm not going to ship a trans across the country, I can buy a built one if that’s what I wanted, no I would like the experience of the build. But since all I can hear is whining I'll go elsewhere. So stupid to post that article and lock it.
I swear I'm never going to try to help a newbie ever again!!!! It appears they come asking for help and then have an attitude when they are given appropriate help.

P.S. If you were able to figure it out on your own, why did you ask in the first place? Oh, I know, because you were too lazy to try to figure out something on your own and wanted it handed to you on a platter. Much like the way you want the tech articles so

Time and effort went into the writing of that article and all the ins and outs of how to modify the 4R70W. But you don’t care about that do you. Someone firuges out something and now it should be free and easily accessible for YOU so YOU can have an easier life.

How about you show some grattitude for that nice handy article that is going to help you. Or at the very least quit whining because you can’t print it out!! Oh wait; it was on the internet so it should be free!!

It is people like you that would make the tech article available ONLY to paying member a legitimate solution. :zbash:

Sorry to vent, but OMG!!!! :redmad:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I swear I'm never going to try to help a newbie ever again!!!!

It is people like you that would make the tech article available ONLY to paying member a legitimate solution. :zbash:
Agreed and agreed.....

We were all noobs at one time but damn what the hell is with the recent noobs? It really seems like a BIG decline in the intellegence and competence of society. YOU ask for help, then bash the way things are done on THIS forum with 3 posts. What the hell do you think is going to happen. :zbash:

I think we need to edit the video to add this to it.............

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/transmission/index.shtml

May print a little weird here & there but it'll print - Something the Gurus mention now & then is that there has been some good new ideas out there in the 4r70world since Jerry wrote this fime Article a DECADE ago - Another reason to consult one of our current local Gurus like I did.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts