TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
steering problem someone help before it gets worse

ok i have a problem it feels like my steering wheel locks up after a quick straight way.
Ex: i was at a n i guned it . but after about a 1/2 mile i had tomake my turn and my wheel locked up so i put a little more pressure and then it turns, but it locked up and it does this from time to time and i found out it only does it when i gun it on a straight way. so if anyone can give me an idea of what it can be because i was doing some thinking and i dont want it to be what i think it is. so if anyone has any inlightment it'll be very helpful. thanks

Rigel

·
Registered
921 Posts
On a more relaxed note, if it isn't working, don't push your luck. It'd be a very bad thing to get hurt because you were racing and your steering locked. As for the problem, I don't know. But I would strongly recommend you refrain from any racing, especially on the street, until the problem has been resolved. On another note, Edit your post and re-word it so that it does not depict street racing. The forum rules prohibit stories of street racing. I'd hate to see them enforced.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
:zwthstpd:

if it does it only when floored...that means that it would have to do with the power steering pump....since it will spin faster from the belt spinning faster. thats the best idea i can have right now...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thanks alot mylittleblackbird and smokymance i edited didnt know all that, but i will check out my power steering pump and see whats going on with that.

edit: flames removed

·
Registered
1,338 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks alot man my car just hit 100,000 miles so i wonder how its going to look but ill try that out first n see how it goes

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
'nother thought, she squats, as she accelerates , your fron susp. geometry changes, and the 100k partz may be kindea hanging up , causeing a bind... Check by lifting and putting on a couple stands so wheels are hanging ... check for loose susp partz/ wear... you may need a few things as wear is caused by miles and age..(bushings will deteriorate with age alone)...just a thought, but maybe worth looking at... good luck

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea ive been trying to get the bushing s done for awhile now jjust havent had the time i heard it starts to go bad around 100,000 but i havent noticed any change yet but i will put her on some stands n check her out, ive been doing ll these upgrades but havent been maintaing the old stock parts so i think im gonna focus on them for awhile thanks alot man anything i should check around the front since ill have it up in the air??

Rigel

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Actually thats kinda specialized stuff, but almost all the good front end men are gone and the new crop just dont seem to grasp that stuff ... you need to look around for some help...(I'm lucky, as my buddy has a small speed shop and is into that stuff)
good luck
jake

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Leland Jacobson said:
'nother thought, she squats, as she accelerates , your fron susp. geometry changes, and the 100k partz may be kindea hanging up , causeing a bind... Check by lifting and putting on a couple stands so wheels are hanging ... check for loose susp partz/ wear... you may need a few things as wear is caused by miles and age..(bushings will deteriorate with age alone)...just a thought, but maybe worth looking at... good luck

u took the words out of my mouth...i was thinking about that and how that can actually play a big factor:D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Eh, you aren't worth a flame...

I see you are immature and unable to understand what you do is wrong. There are tragedy's everywhere because someone had their head up and locked. Failed to think of the consequences. And what I do can get the one person to stop and think for one minute BEFORE they do it then it is worth it.

You don't agree, hey thats fine. I obviously made you think because you had to respond to me. Positively or negatively it doesn't matter. Maybe next time some clown guns his motor at the light you will THINK before putting you head up and locked, thus preventing a possible tragedy.

edit: flames removed

Aw that sucks mr. moderator :D It was getting good.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Right on, I can agree to your action...

To help and prevent people from getting hurt on today's roads. Personaly I think there is a lot more to be done to keep our roads safe. I dont "race" on the roads, I will gun my car to play a little... hey thats why I own the car I do... But I dont go over the speed limit or not pay full attention to the road.

My only problem with your post was your choice of words. You could have stated your opinion in more friendly way.

I apologize for my choice of words as well. Im not right in what I said either.

Just keep it friendly.... what ya say?

MG

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hey man no offense taken. But I say whats on my mind and if I ruffle feathers along the way thats the way it goes. I'm not into political correctness and I don't have much in the tactile way of saying things. :D

MadGoat said:
Right on, I can agree to your action...

To help and prevent people from getting hurt on today's roads. Personaly I think there is a lot more to be done to keep our roads safe. I dont "race" on the roads, I will gun my car to play a little... hey thats why I own the car I do... But I dont go over the speed limit or not pay full attention to the road.

My only problem with your post was your choice of words. You could have stated your opinion in more friendly way.

I apologize for my choice of words as well. Im not right in what I said either.

Just keep it friendly.... what ya say?

MG

1 - 15 of 15 Posts