TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed I was leaking fuel the other day so today I got the car up on jacks and surveyed the situation. What I found out was that there is a leak in the line at the top of the fuel tank. I took out the back seat with hopes that ford was smart and put a little access door in there to get the the lines at the top of the tank. Unfortunately, I didn't see one. Do I really have to tear the whole tank off or did I just miss the easier way? This is all on my 95 by the way.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I knew what I'd be in for if there was no door. I think that's gonna be a bad day.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
i've got the same problem, good luck finding parts, i'm hoping mine is a gasket leak since it seems spuratic and i can't seem to find replacement parts anywhere

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
nope, there isnt an easy way... you have to go order a part from the dealership... i think it ran like 69 bucks but that was at cost...

its the 3 fuel lines from the tank to the fuel filter,

what needs to be done?

Trip the fuel cutoff switch (in the trunk, easiest way to do is hit the side of it with a 3/8 drive ratchet)
Run the car untill it dies so you have no fuel pressure in the lines.
Drop rear part of exhaust
Unbolt tank straps,
lower tank and R&R the lines... then reverse the process.

its not too hard, if done on a lift and your exhaust wants to come off, it can easily be done in an hour.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
do you need to unhook the lines where they are clamped to the underside of the body, right by the rocker? i can't seem to get mine undone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts