TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for my 1987 Turbo Coupe. Here's what I am thinking. I want to install one of those Autometer 3-gauge panels where the stereo equalizer is normally. I would also use 3 of those gauge angle pieces so that I could face the gauges more towards me. I want to put in the following gauges:

Fuel Pressure (electric)
Air/Fuel
Water Temp

I will move my boost gauge from the clock opening and put it next to the FP gauge so I can watch them easily to make sure fuel goes up 1/1 with boost. I want to put the A/F gauge up where the boost gauge now sits.

Can you think of better choices of gauges or a different setup? Will I have any clearance issues with the trim around the EQ slot? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
as far as the air/fuel gauge I don't think it is worth it unless your going with the wideband. I know my air fuel gauge is stupid goes back and forth constantly not worth it my opinion.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
A pyrometer is far better than a narrow band AF, especially with a turbo, but you'll need to learn how to read it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The setup sounds good to me

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My other thought was to have two intake temp gauges, with probes located after the turbo and before the throttle body, so I can monitor those. Either there or on either side of the intercooler. Any thoughts on THAT?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts