TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay the fan and or motor that blows the air to the vents seems to be broken. It makes a tick tick tick noise when on slower fan speeds and when on the higest setting really doesn't seem to blow enough. Where is the motor for this located?? Anything I should check??

Jake

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Depending on how loud your tick is... :D
It's kinda normal with a slight ticking noise...
Mine does the same and I've read about several other on this site that's got it...

The fan is located kinda behind the ECC controller...
But it's not easy to get it out..
Never done it on my T-bird but on volvo's...
IT SUCKS!
You'd have to get the glovebox out and probably the ECC unit and everything
around it just to get access to the fan...

Then depending on how everything is setup behind you'd have to worry
about the coolant getting into your car...

The fact that it doesn't blow at full speed could be that you battery/alt doesn't give it
the power it should have.. When my E-fan goes on and the voltage drops the interior fan speed goes down... Very much too...

Just my .02

//Thyg0d

·
Registered
610 Posts
MN12BIRD said:
Okay the fan and or motor that blows the air to the vents seems to be broken. It makes a tick tick tick noise when on slower fan speeds and when on the higest setting really doesn't seem to blow enough. Where is the motor for this located?? Anything I should check??

Jake
One of the brushes in the motor may be chipped causing the noise. I wouldn'y worry about it unless it is driving you crazy... I'm not sure but I thought most blower motors had a resistor block to vary the speeds... The motor is behind the glovebox I think.

Jim Long

1 - 3 of 3 Posts