TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the 97 mark motor is in using the bird harness where is everyone putting their temp guage sensor?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
You have two sensor locations on the water crossover pipe. One is for the gauge and one is for the EEC.

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
Yep. In the Mark 8 crossover tube the coolant temp gauge sensor is on the passenger side (green connector), and the EEC sensor is on the driver side (gray connector). It wouldn't matter if they were swapped side to side.

-Rod

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Appreciate the info. Another thing. I have drove the car a couple times still on the stcok T-bird ECU. The transmission shifts through all gears but when you reach your desired speed it tends to jerk on you and when you let off the gas it idles down real low and sometimes dies. Does this happen to all swaps like this before the flash?Thanks.

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
Did you swap out the TCC solenoid in the Mark 8 transmission for your stock one? It doesn't sound like it.

-Rod

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I did get the TCC solenoid swapped. That is the one mounted on the other side of the shift bracket yes? Im thinking its more the motor than anything because the tranny shifts through all gears fine.

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
From your description of the symptoms, it sounds like the TC is locking/unlocking when it shouldn't, but without being there in person it's just speculation. The TCC solenoid is circled in blue in the following picture:

-Rod

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
S***. I think I changed the wrong sensor. The one I changed was below the circled one in the picture. I had to remove the gear selector bracket to access it. My other tranny is already gone can I use one out of any other 95 4.6 bird?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes sir I sure did. I found a good picture of it. I changed the EPC solenoid. Do I need to change the EPC solenoid back or is it ok?

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
Sounds like you changed the EPC solenoid.

Yes, you can get the TCC solenoid from another 95 4R70W, assuming you're using a 95 EEC.

-Rod

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
I believe you'll want to swap that EPC solenoid back, but you might check with one of our resident 4R70W gurus.

-Rod

1 - 12 of 12 Posts