TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv got a real quick question and basically i'm looking for a confirmation on my question :) Are the 2 sensors the same??? Can they be swapped for testing purposes. I think i might have a bad temp sensor not the guage one but the one that sends the signal to the eec. And also i cant find the testing procedure but what is the resistance at just regular temp for the sensor and what its suppose to be at when in full heat.

thanks guys

-Matt-

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I dont know the resistance, But I know they are not the same sensor. On uses a two wires (the one that sends to the EEC) and the other just one wire. I dont know that if your EEC temp sensor isnt reading right it wont turn on the fan at the right times (or at all) and will cause your car to run hot, or overheat.

MG

·
Registered
850 Posts
MattsLE97 said:
Iv got a real quick question and basically i'm looking for a confirmation on my question :) Are the 2 sensors the same??? Can they be swapped for testing purposes. I think i might have a bad temp sensor not the guage one but the one that sends the signal to the eec. And also i cant find the testing procedure but what is the resistance at just regular temp for the sensor and what its suppose to be at when in full heat.

thanks guys

-Matt-
the one that sends the signal to the eec is on the right side of the intake manifold if your looking at the engine bay from the front, on my car atleast, and the connectors are not the same. Do you have a CEL?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts