TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with these cars. My temperature gauge is almost always on cool or just above. I know I don't need a new temperature gauge. My temp gauge has never even got to half way. Do these cars run cool all the time or is there something wrong?

·
Registered
343 Posts
BigBird101 said:
What's up with these cars. My temperature gauge is almost always on cool or just above. I know I don't need a new temperature gauge. My temp gauge has never even got to half way. Do these cars run cool all the time or is there something wrong?
Though the gauge is not the most accurate in the world to me it sounds like you are running ok. I wouldnt worry about it at all.

·
Registered
130 Posts
sender and sensor

I think that MadDog is right in that it's nothing to lose sleep over.

My guage uased to read straight up, then began a downward drift until one day it always read cool. So I replaced the temp sender (the one-terminal input; $11.50) and now I have much more confidence that the guage is accurate: it goes to about "M" at idle on hot days (I have u-pulleys, so the water pump isn't going as fast), but then coasts back down once I reach "usual" operating temperature.

Seeing that the sender was getting a false reading, I also replaced the sensor (the two-terminal device; $30) since this is the unit that delivers input to the EEC. I figured if one thing was crapping out, maybe the other one was as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts