TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The temperature gauge rises when I am crusing on the freeway and it got hot as 210 degrees. I am worried about overheating and this problem I just noticed today and it never did it before. I also noticed that the coolant tank was alittle lower than usual and traces of black oil was inside. Any thoughts>?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Maybe the integrated heat exchanger (where the 2 trans. lines screw into the rad.) for the trans. fluid is leaking and is mixing with the coolant? My 95 did this right before the side tank on the rad. started leaking.

Jay

·
Registered
441 Posts
My guage reads the same thing dont worry about now if it passes 210- 225 then you can start to get a little worried just start saving because thats a sign the radiator is going south like mines did..

Rigel

·
Registered
654 Posts
Mn12KnightRyder said:
My guage reads the same thing dont worry about now if it passes 210- 225 then you can start to get a little worried just start saving because thats a sign the radiator is going south like mines did..

Rigel

Fix it now :confused: Heat is the major factor
in premature breakdown :eek: Be-it motor or transmission

·
Registered
441 Posts
yea but if he doesnt have the funds for it now i'm informing him he has about 2-3 months before it definetly goes south

·
Registered
441 Posts
discount auto parts radiators usally run a round 230-290. If you have basic mechanic skills ill say to do it your self that way you save money. If not a shp should charge about 125-200 to install thats if you bring the radiator to them.

Rigel

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
go to radiator.com and pick up a radiator. I got one for 156$ shipped and got it in 2 day. Its manufactured by Visteon and comes with Ford OE trans line fittings. I wouldnt even think about having a shop do a rad. Its way too simple. Drain the coolant, yank the fan, unbolt the lines, remove the hoses, reverse the install. Fill and burp out the air by squeezing upper hose till the bubbles come out of the tank. Also, make sure you teflon tape the trans fittings.

joseph

1 - 8 of 8 Posts