TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at my work there is this guy who has a transmission shop on the side and i was talking to him about my 95 and it's 97 trans with the shutter. he brought me a tube of stuff called SHUTTER FIXX it's in a red tube about 6 oz. put it in and drove my car............. NO shutter.what a great feeling. it says on the tube good for 50,000 mi. so this will get me to spring and warmer weather till i can put the mercon 5 in. but for guys or girls who want a cheap temporary fix , this is it i'll get the name of the company and post it. also it seems to get tighter each time i drive the car the trans doesn't try and search for the converter lock up it just does it. well just my 2cts.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I've seen that stuff. Its by Dr. Tranny or something like that. I always wondered about that product. I've also heard of someone using friction modifier to take care of shudder, but I dont know about all that.
-Rob

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
So you have a 95 that you put a 97 trans. in, and you didn't add the Mercon V then?? Hope it holds out until spring. Let us know if that stuff works, as I've had bad luck with similar "fixes" in the past. May be something worth it.

Jay

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know it was a temporary laps. i saw the price and did not really look at the price since the difference was only like $.50 a quart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
well, I ve been running a shot of ford posi friction modifier in my atf for years.. and its now got about 110,000 miles on it since we 'built' it. no probs yet and i am runnin some serious Tq since installing the 5.4 about 60,000... started useing Mercron v several years ago, and it seems to be a better fluid, but allways with the addative...i did fry a T/c a few months ago, but thats anudder storey;)

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Leland Jacobson said:
well, I ve been running a shot of ford posi friction modifier in my atf for years.. and its now got about 110,000 miles on it since we 'built' it. no probs yet and i am runnin some serious Tq since installing the 5.4 about 60,000... started useing Mercron v several years ago, and it seems to be a better fluid, but allways with the addative...i did fry a T/c a few months ago, but thats anudder storey;)
Thats an easy story to tell.
Story

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
I've used that stuff before. My dad added it to my tranny and it smoothed it out for about 20000. The shudder came back, then i had it serviced.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Shutter Fixx

I also had this shutter between 40-45 MPH. Aside from thinking my tranny was going south, I figured I would give this a try. I must say for $5.99 it appears to have eliminated the shutter from my car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts