TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huntsville is hosting the USTA Adult League's 2007 Super Seniors Nationals Championships this year and I went and watched some. It is ladies 60 years or older playing doubles from all over the US. :znanner:

One lady made it to the finals of the US Open years and years ago and others have played in the French Open, UP Open, Australian Open, etc. All years and years ago, but watching these ladies play.... they could kick my arse without even thinking about it!!! not that I’m all that great or anything!!! :beek:

They don't hit hard, they don't move fast, but, good lord, their placement is unbelievable!!! And you can see them setting up points one hit at a time while they manipulate their opponent where they want them.

It was totally amazing to see people that age (some are in their 70's) playing and having so much fun!! AND being so competitive!! I hope I can be like that when I’m that age!!! Shoot, I wish I could play that well TODAY!!!!! :D

Anyway, just thought I would share something that I saw that was totally amazing even though it wasn't car related. :thumbsup:

"Live your life and forget your age" Norman Vincent Peale

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
...."Live your life and forget your age" Norman Vincent Peale
How am I supposed to do that when every joint and muscle in my body reminds me just getting out of bed? --- doodaa

Consider yourself fortunate you can still play. I had to give it up long ago thanks to bad knees. I was probably in lust with some of these women when I was 16. But Chris Evert isn't anywhere near that age... is she?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts