TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are 2 positive wires attached to the battery. What does the one that looks like its going under the block lead to? I'm assuming the other one is the alternator...correct?

-reason i ask is b/c i'm putting in a battery isolator, so my second battery in the trunk can power the my compressors and amp.

Also, does everyone that runs a battery in the trunk just feed a live wire through the car?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I did....I relocated my battery to the trunk...I used 1 Gauge wire....remeber if you go through metal(i.e. firewall) make sure to use a rubber grommet, to prevent the wire to short out.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
the one under the block leads to the starter. The other one goes to the high current box and with the alternator.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, i see that now. When upgrading the "Big 3", should i just leave the starter wire alone and just upgrade the alt wire in and out of the fuse block to the battery? Thanks

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Depends on how bad your wires look, corrosion wise. I have upgraded the Big 3, but will be changing out the stock power and ground cables because of corrosion. No matter how much I cut back, or strip off the wires, there is green residue there. I probably don't have to do it, but it will give me something to do when I install the new fan controller, and alternator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts