TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The latest scoop from Atlanta:

Big Scott said:

Tonight, I drove GB on the street for the first time...safe to say that she was a bit thirsty.

"She's a bit touchy in the throttle dept..." :thumb:

-Scott

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
what he hit? theres a hole on the driver side of front bumper near wheel

:leftright

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Were you too excited to hold the camera still while shooting the photo....:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

·
Registered
573 Posts
That engine looks HUGE in there!
Actually, the car is 20% smaller than other Birds...
You know... for weight savings. :D

Seriously, though- that is one amazing vehicle.

Peter M

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I doubt he hit anything, it looks like an inlet possibly. Since Scott is awesome, I'm guessing there is a cooler or heat exchanger of some sort hiding out in there.

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Whatever it is, I LOVE IT. Can't wait to see more pics!

Pete

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Actually, two inlets, one on each side, filled with NACA ducts.

The duct on the passenger side routes outside air to the airbox, I guess you'd call that a W&S CAI.

The duct on the driver's side routes outside air to the front brakes, to cool them off.

There is also a spal fan above the airbox, next to the aftercooler to create negative air pressure in the air box to draw cooler
outside air up into the airbox, and past the aftercooler.
Any outside air not drawn through the air filter into the intake will help cool the aftercooler.

-mike

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sweet! when is she coming home? Rob

·
Administrator
745 Posts
FLABIRD??? We haven't seen you around here in quite awhile....the car is wrecked??
That's really sad.

[end hijack]

We are definitely looking forward to seeing you at the track Mike! Lookin' good! :)

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
The Ducks were something I've always wanted to do like the LED reading for the trans gear selected (for those with shift boots). I'm really thinking of making the scoop by hand now since I've built the car from the ground up, might as well do the top. I'm off this week and now that she is ready for the rollers its toon time. I also get some quality lift time at my Buddy's shop, she just might make it to the race next weekend but its a bit too soon to know for sure... JL's suspension braces and other stuff still needs to be installed along with that smaller pulley located in the glovecomeapartment so I'll have my work cut out for me even tho I'm on Bacation mange...:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Scott, just curious...what kind of exhaust system did you go with? I'm guessing it's something custom, much like the rest of the car ;-)

Pete

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The car had the big Kooks headers and a custom 2.5" true dual system with an X pipe through Borla cans when she ran N/A. For now we're keeping that, and it should be adequate, especially with the big pulley we're starting out with. Even though the exhaust was not mandrel bent, there are no bends over 45 degrees, except the passenger side collector/downpipe, which is 90 degrees. When we get it on the rollers, if we find it's a restriction, we'll probably go to a two 3" into one 4"... or something...

Here's the original custom duals with the cats as I ran it N/A:

The X-pipe added in when the Kooks went on:

Mounted:

Here's the passenger side collector/downpipe combination without the cats hooked up to the Kooks headers:

And here's the driver's side collector/downpipe:

The collector/downpipe combination pieces were welded up custom to keep the exhaust, especially the front part attached to the headers, up nice an tight to the chasis and protected by the chasis braces. I didn't want to risk bottoming out with the downpipe and cracking a header. The Kooks install is a biatch and I didn't what to have to do it twice.

N/A, the system worked great, how it'll perform under boost remains to be seen.

-mike

1 - 20 of 27 Posts