TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had a problem with the bird for a while, but i'm trying to get it back on the road since i have some free time.

I unhooked each injector with the engine running and I could tell a difference in how it ran in all of them except one. The front driver's side one (by spark plug #5). When I unhooked it, nothing appeared to change (car didn't run worse). I can feel it clicking a little bit, but wanted to test it to find out for sure. Going to get a noid light this week, but wanted to see if anyone has had the same problem/solution.

Car studders really bad at idle and gets worse when put into Reverse and Drive. At higher rpms, it smooths out. Changed plugs, wires, and vac lines. Thanks for the help

·
5,650 Posts
Aside from testing the resistance of the injector there's no way to test it. You can swap it around and see if the problems moves as mentioned above and that will tell you for sure. Otherwise you would need to look at the spray when the injector is fired and see if it's a good spray or a dribble of sorts.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i just picked up a noid light. That will test it correct? (atleast the signal). I'll also try to swap it with another one. But how do you do that? Wouldn't you have to relieve the fuel pressure first?? Thanks for all the help!!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
yes you would have to relive the pressure first there should be a black cap on ur fuel rail, pop it off and put a rag around the valve and then push down on the valve with a small screwdriver. if your car hasnt been ran in awile there useually isnt much pressure in the system anyway

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ok, well i switched injectors and the problem stayed with the first driver's side injector (which means it can't be the injector itself). Does this mean an new ecu is needed?? Or what can I do to fix it...Thanks

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the plugs and wires are good, since i replaced them. Not sure about the other two though. I'm going to put the noid light I picked up on it when I get back in town on Sunday. Hopefully that will narrow it down a little more.

How do you test the other two? Thanks again

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i just got back into the country and checked it with the noid light. it is getting a signal from the ecu (since the light flashes).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts