TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone will read this and help me out. My coil connector fell apart on me today. I had to use some female connectors and splice into the wires already there. It is knid of flimsy. Where can I get another TFI coil wireing connector? I need one bad. It is for a 93' LX V8. Can't find it at the parts stores.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
got pics?????
What part actually feel apart on you??? Getting a whole new coil, will that do it?? or is it the wiring harness?? if it is the wiring harness, look into junk yards, or try someone on here that is parting out a 5.0

Chris

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
which plug exactlly, the little small square grey looking one??? or the thin wide one that actually plugs into the coil???? like I said before, best bet is just splice a new one in from a junk yard, or somthing.

Chris

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is the one that plugs into the coil. The junkyards around here are very scarse when it comes to parts for Thunderbirds. I can hardly find anything for them around here.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I know CarQuest has a replacement coil pigtail with wires to splice. The number is
EC 9539. If you don't have a CarQuest look at Mustangs or Crown Vics or any Ford made before say 1993 (Not sure when DIS came came out) Most every EEC-IV used a coil like ours. Also try NAPA.

Mike Donley

1 - 7 of 7 Posts