TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my day has been absolutely crap. This morning, I was coming down off a mountain here where our wireless tower is. This is a one lane road that was of course snow-covered. To get up there, you crest one hill then go down a dip and head up to the top of the mountain. Well, I was headed down just as somebody else came up. We met just passed the crest in a blind curve and hit head on. With the snow coverage, brakes were useless.

Needless to say, the airbags deployed as my Cherokee and his Ranger got to know each other intimately. Not only is the Jeep all messed up, but since I was standing hard on the brakes when we hit, the impact hyper-extended my right foot and tore loose my Achilles tendon.

I spent two hours in the ER and have an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon on Monday. They'll have to operate to fix it. If I'm lucky, I'll only be on crutches for 6 weeks. But I probably won't be back to 100% for 3-4 months. I'm on percoset right now, so if I typo, forgive me. All I can tell you is that this hurts like mad. I just thank God that the airbags deployed and saved me from more serious injury.

I just hope that the medical coverage on my Jeep will cover everything. Keep me in your prayers for a speedy recovery.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Speedy recovery, and just think, it could have been worse, it could have been the Tbird. :(

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'd already thought about that. If they decide to total the Jeep, I'm good since it's worth more than I owe. If they do that, I'll buy a Ram so I can tow my car if I want to. :D

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Glad

I am also glad it's not the bird.
For a second there (I didn't cheat and read the end first) I thought you were in your bird. My heart started racing like when I read some of the posts of guys who describe their wrecks.
Whew!

Sir William, hope it heals fast.
Take care of yourself.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey sorry to hear about your jeep but I was happy to hear it wasnt your bird. Nice choice in replacement, for your jeep. As for you glad to hear you are okay I have torn my Achilles tendon (football hit after the play, Azz) but I tell you what it hurts like hell. Once in a while you will have serious pain in the tendon hopefully your surgery will keep that from happening (but my tear wasn't bad enough for surgery :rolleyes: ).

Hope the best for you!

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
Head on crashes are the worst, sorry to hear about your injuries. I hope that you recover quickly.

·
Ohio TCCoA
863 Posts
Glad you came out "ok". I will pray for as painless and speedy recovery as possible for you. If you need any help on this end fell free to ask.

later,
jay

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
crash

Sorry that I cought you at a bad time yesterday. I thought for a second that the bird was totaled. Did the other driver have insurance? If not he should be tied to a tree and be stoned to death. I just hope that you get well soon.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
We're with ya' here, Bill! And as far as I know, a driver going up a hill on a one lane road has to yield to the downhill driver, so hopefully HIS insurance will cover your medical.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Me too...

Well needless to say I too thought you were in your Bird, thank goodness you weren't and I wish you a speedy and thorough recovery.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Crap Bill! Glad to hear you're OK! You must not have been goin very fast, I know you dont ever speed ;)
Suck's that your down to one good leg though, dont have any a$$ kicking contests in the near future, do you? :tongue: Get well soon man, you're coming to Ohio for a meet this summer, you know that right? :D

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Glad to hear that is all the damage you took.

I've torn my achilles tendon before. I was running across a street at night, and my foot landed on the curb wrong, and then my foot and leg were both vertical.

Let me tell you this, it will never be the same, ever. I used be a god at the leg press. I could do 300lbs (the right way, starting with your heels 3" from the back of your leg), now I don't even dare try more than 200.

It should also disqualify you from military service...bittersweet IMHO.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Sorry to hear about your jeep. I hope that your foot takes a speedy recovery. I will keep you in my prayers.

danman

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm supposed to go see the doctors today. It feels 10 times better than it did. So hopefully they can fix it without surgury. Just keep me in your prayers for a speedy recovery. Of course, this may be the percoset talking. :D

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, this is the first I saw this thread. I know what it's like to have an airbag accident (which was harder on my Tbird than me :( ) and they're not fun. Hope you continue to mend and best wishes with the doc.

Tom

PS~ May have a lead soon on another car exactly like mine for 3k :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts