TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
She was on her way home at 6:15 am wednesday morning. As she came around a curve, a Jeep Wrangler struck her car head-on while driving on the wrong side of the road. The driver of the Jeep died instantly. He was not wearing his seatbelt. My sister is badly bruised and could barely walk today. I took her back to the ER today and as we walked (slowly) to the entrance, we saw a sign in the ground that read: "SEATBELTS SAVE LIVES" We kinda looked at each other and said No ****

I will post the pictures of the car in a few days.

Please be careful out there, especially those who are affected by this week's storm.

Jim

This is one of the local newspaper articles scroll down to Hagerstown Crash

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Wow, glad to hear she's going to be alright. Its always a bit of a miracle what kind of crashes we can walk away from.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Sorry to hear that Jim - glad she's doing okay. It's just sad that innocent people pay the price when stupid people do stupid things. Do they suspect alcohol was involved, with the guy crossing the center line and all?

WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS EVERYONE!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The police did not release any of that info yet. It was shortly after 6 am on a wednesday morning. So, some think he was driving to work. The guy lived about 1/2 mile away from my sister's house.

Jim

·
Maryland Chapter Director
189 Posts
Jim,
so sorry to hear that, glad she is o.k. My mother and brother were hit broadside once, spun the car around 3 times, the door flew open and the only thing holding her in was the seatbelt. It broke three ribs, but that is better than getting ejected. I hope your sister has a smooth recovery, and that she is fully compensated for her pain.

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts