TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had to give a shout out to Guitar Maestro for the optimal shift point information and how to datalog to get it. I ran a new best tonight in horrible weather.

60 foot 1.72
1/8th ET 7.97
1/8th MPH 85.57

Temperatures hovered around 90 all night and density altitude was at 4200. Gotta love summer in Oklahoma.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well managed to run a 12.60 last night at the quarter mile. Traction was missing with 1.80 60 foots instead of 1.71-1.77 that I usually see. Oh well.

Density altitude was 3600.

I am wishing for two things lately. Ported heads so that I could chase JL's record and something close to 0 DA would be awesome but neither will ever happen.

·
Super Moderator
12,427 Posts
Congrats.

Very respectable time.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys. I am totally happy with it. I just can't wait for some cool weather. Air charge temps were 130 at the minimum :(

We will see what winter brings and maybe some light tweaking. If I had realized how close I would be getting to JL's times, I might have done a little more while I was building the motor. 13.5-1 compression and ported heads would have been cool.

EDIT:

I missed your question but basically I had to raise the shift point at least 300 RPM for all shifts.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well minor improvements....

Ran 7.91 at the local track here 6 times in a row. I made it to the finals bracket racing it. Ran a couple new bests.

1.70 (60 foot)
7.91 (ET)
86.7x (MPH)

I messed with the suspension a little since it felt like the front lifted really good, hooked, and then unloaded when the front fell. I looked at how much pressure was in the airbags and it was at 5 PSI. I cranked it up to 24 PSI in an effort to prevent squat and it worked really well.

I'm really stoked and pleased with this car. Now that I figured out the suspension part, I'm looking forward to getting some 12.40's or so in the fall when I head back to the 1/4 mile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts