TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about 95% through restoring my Mom's old '94 LX. It's been fun, but like most things, it took time.
I got a lot of great information and direction here to get this far. It's been so dang hot outdoors that I am limited on when I can finish it up. Here's a couple of pictures from the restoration.
I added the 1 1/2" Vogtland lowering springs, a few other items here and there that worn out or broken, and of course, the Weld wheels. This was my Mom's car. We bought it brand new for her in '94. She has since passed and this car has less than 100k miles on it. It will be my new daily driver. Thanks again for those who helped with my questions along the way. CHEERS!

Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
Looking good, more details! 馃槉

Registered
Cars with sentimental value to the owner are worth every red cent put into them.

Car looks good.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for all the kind words! I am looking forward to logging some miles in it.

Rodeo Joe,
Other than the few mods I mentioned, I added a Bluetooth audio system. That's about it for the little 3.8 for now.
I have a few more to-do's like the headliner, sun roof gasket, and replace the antenna. I have the gasket and antenna replacement. I live in the DFW area and it's been pretty darn hot here.
I would like to find some nice floor mats somewhere with the Bird, if anyone has any leads. I would prefer gray or black.

Registered
I would like to find some nice floor mats somewhere with the Bird, if anyone has any leads. I would prefer gray or black.
These guys. They'll make custom floor mats, and other interior stuff. Just go through the options and see what they got.

Registered
I am about 95% through restoring my Mom's old '94 LX. It's been fun, but like most things, it took time.
I got a lot of great information and direction here to get this far. It's been so dang hot outdoors that I am limited on when I can finish it up. Here's a couple of pictures from the restoration.
I added the 1 1/2" Vogtland lowering springs, a few other items here and there that wore out or broke, and of course, the Weld wheels. This was my Mom's car. We bought it brand new for her in '94. She has since passed and this car has less than 100k miles on it. It will be my new daily driver. Thanks again for those who helped with my questions along the way. CHEERS!
View attachment 49837 View attachment 49838
That is a pretty car. Nice job keeping it.
Does the V6 have the 8.8 differential? Either way, they all benefit from traction Lock and final drive changes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts