TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2 years of ownership of my '95 was a treat, particularly after finding this place. From upgrading to the '93 Mark VIII driveshaft to replacing the blend door actuator, the help I've gotten from this website has been tremendious.

Sadly, I sold it to a friend last week. I would never sell a car to a friend unless I was absolutely sure it was a solid car, and it was for sure.

So I no longer have a Bird, but I'll still stop by and read up, especially in this forum. Some of you that were paying attention to the classifieds know I picked up a worthy replacment for my DD. Pics are below.

The 1719 mile drive from Chicago to Phoenix was done with about 27 hours of driving and 31 hours total. The car ran like a top and everything was as advertised. The car is very fast, and its condition is top notch.

Thanks again, all you MN12 nuts!

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
I love the wheels and the color of the car, but those taillights have gotta go. :)
Otherwise, it looks like a clean, mean machine!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
tails and the black panel have got to go. but still a nice car. and i can imagine it has tons of tire melting torque, but WHY A CHEVY?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Good luck with the mulletmobile, it was nice meeting you last year in the inferno known as Phoenix (since I can't spell where we the meet was). I am sure whoever you sold the car to will be satisfied. I already have my quota of 2 door personal cars since I have a family, and see note below.

You are going to miss explaining the cars color, you know you are!

·
Registered
871 Posts
I love the wheels and the color of the car, but those taillights have gotta go. :)
Otherwise, it looks like a clean, mean machine!
I 2nd that notion, great car but I'm not crazy about those taillights.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
why do all the n00bs ***** and complain when someone on this site gets a new car thats not a rear wheel drive 2 door ford? Boo Hoo, its a chevy, he bought a classic american sports car. So he didnt get an 03/04 Cobra or a GT, big frickin deal. Stop being a whiny pissant about it. Everyone who gets a new car and sells their tbird IS NOT obligated to Ford or to the thunderbird as a brand or tccoa or obligated to have something with a modular motor and an IRS....He found a hot rod he likes which is cool. A car guy doesnt dismiss a sports car because it has a bow tie and an LS1, he sees what it really has, not that it doesnt have a blue oval, or a tie, or rams head......That being said, congrats on the new ride, I hope you like it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think anyone is freaking out...just nobody likes the tail lights.

It takes a heckuva lotta work on an MN12 to come anywhere close to the HP of a stock LS1. I loved my Tbird; it was just time for something different.

I also own two very built Nissan trucks and a Hyundai. The Nissans are American made, and the Camaro was built in Canada. I buy what appeals to me and everyone has a right to their own opinion.

For those that complimented the car, thanks.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Great car, just fix the tail lights and the black panel and you'll be good to go!

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Desert Rat...I will be back in Mesa tomorrow night...there is a good car show on SAturday or Sunday(its been so long I cannot remember) in the KMart parking lot at Hampton and Power...I'll post up when I get back and we can bring the cars over there and grab a burger at Wendy's. It is much smaller and less of a hassle than the Pavillions can be sometimes.

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
why do all the n00bs ***** and complain when someone on this site gets a new car thats not a rear wheel drive 2 door ford? Boo Hoo, its a chevy, he bought a classic american sports car. So he didnt get an 03/04 Cobra or a GT, big frickin deal. Stop being a whiny pissant about it. Everyone who gets a new car and sells their tbird IS NOT obligated to Ford or to the thunderbird as a brand or tccoa or obligated to have something with a modular motor and an IRS....He found a hot rod he likes which is cool. A car guy doesnt dismiss a sports car because it has a bow tie and an LS1, he sees what it really has, not that it doesnt have a blue oval, or a tie, or rams head......That being said, congrats on the new ride, I hope you like it.
huh? I don't see any of that... its a sharp car, however, the tail lights look a "tad" ricey... Yeah, and I drive a chevy trailblazer, cause ford suv/trucks have the crappiest interiors.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Desert Rat...I will be back in Mesa tomorrow night...there is a good car show on SAturday or Sunday(its been so long I cannot remember) in the KMart parking lot at Hampton and Power...I'll post up when I get back and we can bring the cars over there and grab a burger at Wendy's. It is much smaller and less of a hassle than the Pavillions can be sometimes.

Am going to Nascar on Saturday, but might be up for something on Sunday. Let me know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts