TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally Loaded the 1MTNCAT out of the garage and on the car trailer Friday. Going to give it a bath, wax and going over out there and clean the garage up all in the next couple weeks in anticipation of the upcoming engine install. This old man is getting excited again LOL!!

Try to keep everyone posted of the progress the next few weeks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
Congratulations Steve!

Looking forward to following the progress and hearing the MTNCAT roar to life again. I understand your excitement.

Oh, and BTW, my Monkey can kick your Panther's tail. :tongue: :zmonkey:

I'll give ya a call when I get home from Brazil. Cheers buddy! :zbeer:

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations Steve!

Looking forward to following the progress and hearing the MTNCAT roar to life again. I understand your excitement.

Oh, and BTW, my Monkey can kick your Panther's tail. :tongue: :zmonkey:

I'll give ya a call when I get home from Brazil. Cheers buddy! :zbeer:
Thanks Ron! Time will tell there bud. ROFL!!!

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Woot! >:)

Congrats! :grin2:

Keep your Dates open for Saturday's in June other than the Carlisle one JP. Once I know where I am I'll get that dyno day set up for our tunes.

The "posse" will be back. EECDOC's, Yours and mine all back at it again this year. Hoping Vining and Speziele get their's back together before fall also.

Been sitting and letting everyone play too long. Things are about to change!

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
Glad to hear everyone's getting back into the game.

RobertP even has plans to resurrect his own Bird.

... how long that will take is anyone's guess.

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad to hear everyone's getting back into the game.

RobertP even has plans to resurrect his own Bird.

... how long that will take is anyone's guess.
Is yours finished up yet Ron?? What kind of numbers? I know if its done you had it tuned.

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took a quick look at the exhaust today. Just need to upgrade the down tubes from the 3" header collectors to 3" pipe to the x-Pipe. I may put turn downs on the ends of the side exhaust.

Attachments

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is an older pic from last fall but everything in the trunk looks good. I do need to check the lines to the front to insure all is good there. If needed later all I should have to do is upgrade the Aeromotive fuel pump for Major Horsepower.

Attachments

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update Today

Spent most of the day cleaning and organizing the garage and finding my additional parts.

Cleaned engine bay and have it ready for some mild touch up once back in the garage.

Cleaned and washed the car. May put a good clay bar and wax on it once inside.

Attachments

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ughhh!

Life's been in the way lately and short on time along with getting some other details sorted out. This is my weekend to get the engine bay touched up/painted in spots and get some of the items cleaned and painted ready to go back in. It may as well look good and clean when it all goes back together in the engine bay.

Need to clean the radiator overflow and radiator out also. Odd and end stuff.

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
Some progress is better than no progress. Keep plugging away at it!

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some progress is better than no progress. Keep plugging away at it!
Thanks Ron!!!

It took its next to last trip today actually. Then home to be installed. Now to get in the garage!

Attachments

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update

Spent most of yesterday and today getting engine bay completed. Finally have that done. Still have to work on some of the parts prepping but will work on that as I can the next few days.

Linda got some shots of me working today lol!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
Cool. A one Steve foot powered Flintstone mobile!

You go Steve!

·
Super Moderator
10,655 Posts
You go Steve!
Hell yeah. :) I'd love to be able to clean my engine bay like that.

Looking forward to seeing it run.

BTW, if you guys are reusing injectors, change the filters at the top. Our systems are dissolving over time; all the ones I looked at recently had crap in the filters.

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cool. A one Steve foot powered Flintstone mobile!

You go Steve!
Hell yeah. :) I'd love to be able to clean my engine bay like that.

Looking forward to seeing it run.

BTW, if you guys are reusing injectors, change the filters at the top. Our systems are dissolving over time; all the ones I looked at recently had crap in the filters.
Yeah, you have that right Ron LOL!!! That's what it feels like. But it looks really good/clean and painted in there now. I'm happy.

Grog6. That's an easy one. Just hurt your motor, pull it and you can do all this fun stuff ROFL! As far as the injectors, I have a new set of 60's going in the .020 over 4.6L so I shouldn't have any stuff in them. Besides I have two filters in line from the Fuel Cell to the front and I will flush that out before putting fresh fuel in it again. Shouldn't be an issue.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Keep your Dates open for Saturday's in June other than the Carlisle one JP. Once I know where I am I'll get that dyno day set up for our tunes.

The "posse" will be back. EECDOC's, Yours and mine all back at it again this year. Hoping Vining and Speziele get their's back together before fall also.

Been sitting and letting everyone play too long. Things are about to change!
Which dyno you going to? There's a new one in Kearneysville that's pretty nice. Let me know when you go, I've got a tuned Ecoboost that I'm fixing to find out what the gains are.

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Which dyno you going to? There's a new one in Kearneysville that's pretty nice. Let me know when you go, I've got a tuned Ecoboost that I'm fixing to find out what the gains are.
Jeff, Probably the one here in Martinsburg. Soon as I get things together and EECDOC here we'll plan on doing it. JP wants to come up too. Maybe we can make a threesome for the dyno.

I'll be in touch when the time approaches. Right now looks like its pushed out till maybe late July.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts