TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
thats nice, i always have liked the taurus sho, nice collectors item.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
hmmm.. i like the ford mondeo down the page. looks like te iosis i was lusting after... but a 5 cylinder making 220 hp? hmm. better be rwd. looks like we may have found a new engine for the focus, boys!!!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
thought the five hundred was a rwd? would be damn sweet if it was.. or a rwd focus. a little stoutier.. then you would have a miata. lmfao.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
thought the five hundred was a rwd? would be damn sweet if it was.. or a rwd focus. a little stoutier.. then you would have a miata. lmfao.
The Five Hundred isn't RWD. But as an SHO concept, isn't this thing kind of giant compared to the original SHO? The Five Hundred is a good bit bigger than a Taurus. But with that said, bring back the SHO! Yamaha mill and a 5-speed!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Man side vents are popping up everywhere now.... looks like a started a good trend ;)

Someone should do it to their bird. I bet it will look nice if done right. I used a 2006 M5 vents.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I'd most likely laugh if i saw side vents on the new production Taurus. Not every car was meant to have them or looks good with them...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I'd most likely laugh if i saw side vents on the new production Taurus. Not every car was meant to have them or looks good with them...
Agree

They do look kinda odd on that Taurus.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I think that Taurus looks slick. I wouldn't buy one because i drive 80 miles/day round trip and saving $80/month in gas by buying a Prius is too good to pass up...but if I drove only half as far...I'd definately consider buying one.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Yeah, now you want a Yamaha engine, when you start needing to replace parts you won't. Trust me, I owned a SHO. Your better off with a forged assembly and blower/turbo on the standard engine.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Or the drivetrain from the LincolnMKR Concept.

The TwinForce V-6 is a 3.5-liter gasoline engine that features twin-turbocharged direct injection for performance that rivals larger and less fuel-efficient V-8s. In the MKR, it delivers 415 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque on E-85 ethanol. Ford plans a family of TwinForce engines to power a number of Ford and Lincoln products.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Yamaha built the V6 in the first generation SHO, Cosworth built the V8 in the second gen.
Nope, wrong.

A 235 hp (175 kW) 3.4 L DOHC V8 was specified for the SHO model...These engines were assembled by Yamaha in Japan but more parts were made by Ford than in the earlier Yamaha-built V6.

From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurus_SHO#Third_generation_SHO

I also have a Car & Driver or Motor Trend here somewhere that will confirm that if Wikipedia isn't a good enough source for you.

See also here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Yamaha_V8_engine#3.4

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
It would appear you are correct. The same article says, though, that the engines were built using a patented Cosworth casting technique, so perhaps that's what I was thinking of.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts