TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
The 2013 Summer Blast Quickest 11 Second 4.6L 2V MN12 Slug-out

And the 4.6L - 11 Second contenders are........

(If we are missing any let me know!)

From the Carolina Crew

In this lane: The Cantankerous Chimp. The Unpredictable Primate. From Charlotte, North Carolina...

The Trunk Monkey

• Built 4.6L aluminum WAP block
  • SVO Blower
  • Trick Flow Systems Heads
  • Cushman Motorsports (VT) Stage 2.5 Blower cams
  • Kooks 3/4 Mid-length headers
  • Meth injection
  • E85
Previous JBMN Best: A 12.3 second run on the old set up in 2010.

In this lane a car who once was counted among the pride of MAMN12 but is now residing among the Carolina Crew. From Jacksonville, North Carolina and driven by Stuckinkaos:

The Mid-Atlantic Expatriate - OUT

• Stock 4.6L PI cast iron block
  • ZEX Nitrous kit 125 shot
  • MMR Stage II PI heads
  • VT Stage II cams
  • Kooks 3/4 Mid-length headers
  • 93 Pump gas
Previous JBMN Best: A 12.5 second run on the old car set up in 2012.

In this lane the mild mannered, soft spoken engineer with the shiny '97 who's soon returning to his home in the Carolinas. Presenting:

KevinM

• Stock 4.6L aluminum WAP block
  • SVO Blower
  • Stock PI Heads
  • Comp XE268h Cams
  • Ported Stock manifolds
  • Meth Injection
  • 93 Pump Gas
Previous JBMN Best: A 12.5 second run in 2012.

In this lane the Telecom Guru who's "Just a rider on the storm". Hailing from Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina:

Darren - AKA ThunderChecken and "The Sleeper"

• Built 4.6L aluminum Teskid block
  • SVO Blower
  • Stock PI heads
  • Comp 268 Cams
  • Ported Stock Manifolds
  • Meth Injection
  • Possible Nitrous Inj?
  • Fuel: To Be Determined
Previous JBMN Best- N/A​

In this lane the cable guy from Tobacco Road - Winston-Salem, North Carolina.

Red97Bird - OUT

• Stock 4.6L aluminum WAP block
  • Vortech V1 Blower
  • Stock PI heads
  • Unknown Cams
  • Ported Stock Manifolds
  • Meth Injection
  • Fuel: To Be Determined
Previous JBMN Best- N/A​

And...

The Current (Closest to) 11 second 4.6L 2V engine: JBMN SB Record holder and Defending Champion weighing in at a svelte 3,630 pounds The Mid-Atlantic's very own 1MTNCAT - ALSO OUT? ... or may be not? ;)

• Stock 4.6L NPI Cast Iron block
  • ZEX Nitrous kit 125 shot
  • Stock PI heads
  • VT Stage 1 cams
  • JBA Shorty headers
  • Pump gas
Previous JBMN Best 12.0 (2008)

This is starting to look like fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder who will go down into the 11's and how far?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Wow, already quite the activity on this thread. I definitely plan to make it, but need to see how my relocation to SC goes.

@CometGSR: My family and I made the trip from Farmington Hills, MI last year and had a blast. Drove there with wife, two kids, and drag radials on a cargo rack hanging off the trailer hitch :D. Raced it 23 times (combined between my runs and my wife's) and then loaded back up and drove her home. I must say I was a little scared, but hey you don't know if you don't try. I have never babied my car.

Look forward to seeing everyone and will get registered as soon as things finalize on my relocation back to SC. Planning towards June, but if it gets delayed it might interfere with this :(.

-Kevin M

P.S. @1MTNCAT: your mods listed for my car are accurate. I do have a 255 lbph fuel pump and 39lb injectors (I think that is right on the injectors.) You could also add 3.73 gears and a 3800 stall 9" billet converter from Dirty Dog.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Should be a good year....Steve, i have MMR stage 2 pi heads...

also have Kooks long tube headers...

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Kooks doesent make long tubes u mean 3/4 length

·
Registered
652 Posts
Don't know, they are the biggest and longest kooks made for your cars....

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
They dont make long tubes

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, already quite the activity on this thread. I definitely plan to make it, but need to see how my relocation to SC goes.

@CometGSR: My family and I made the trip from Farmington Hills, MI last year and had a blast. Drove there with wife, two kids, and drag radials on a cargo rack hanging off the trailer hitch :D. Raced it 23 times (combined between my runs and my wife's) and then loaded back up and drove her home. I must say I was a little scared, but hey you don't know if you don't try. I have never babied my car.

Look forward to seeing everyone and will get registered as soon as things finalize on my relocation back to SC. Planning towards June, but if it gets delayed it might interfere with this :(.

-Kevin M

P.S. @1MTNCAT: your mods listed for my car are accurate. I do have a 255 lbph fuel pump and 39lb injectors (I think that is right on the injectors.) You could also add 3.73 gears and a 3800 stall 9" billet converter from Dirty Dog.
Hope you can make it this year Kevin. Make it work. We're going to have some fun. Hopefully I can get mine fixed and back together unhurt for this one and we'll have a good slugfest. ROFL!

Far as the rest of the Drivetrain mods we aren't going to go into all that. I'd be a week trying to list things LOL.

·
Super Moderator
12,413 Posts
I see you made a list showing your best Summer Blast time for a last hurrah! Your record has stood for a long long time Steve. You can be proud of that, but all good things must come to pass...

That time has aged out like a cheap wine on a convience store shelf. It's time for it to go! :tongue:

·
Registered
652 Posts
I see you made a list showing your best Summer Blast time for a last hurrah! Your record has stood for a long long time Steve. You can be proud of that, but all good things must come to pass...

That time has aged out like a cheap wine on a convience store shelf. It's time for it to go! :tongue:
Yeah, i hope break that record!!!:D:cool:

·
Super Moderator
12,413 Posts
I expect several of us will break into the 11's this year - including Steve if he can get something together in time. I'm sure he's working very hard on it as we type this.

Fixed the first post. Steve tried to claim you Justin as one of the MAMN12 crew but that won't fly. It may have been their car but it - and you - are a member of the Carolina Crew! :D

·
Super Moderator
12,413 Posts
Who is Chris Schraf? He's listed right behind me on the Top Dawgs list with at 12.4 run.

Is that the "SVT Bird" with the 4 valve Mark VIII engine in it? Is that why you didn't list him here? Because it's a 4V engine?

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah Ron

Its an NA 4V 4.6L.

I expect several of us will take that 12.0 out including me if I have an engine put back together.

The real question is how low will we go and who will break it the fartherest.

You and Justin should be the ones but don't count me out with my stocker.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
And I just hope my will run 13.4 as its not moving very fast when u push it

·
Registered
652 Posts
And I just hope my will run 13.4 as its not moving very fast when u push it
How knows Robert... If the track goes downhill as much as Ron days it does, you might run faster than that......LOL lol

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Yea if I pull it with my 4 wheeler lol

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea if I pull it with my 4 wheeler lol
You all are not too damn funny! That may be the only way mine will go down the track is with something pulling it. But it will sit on jackstands before that happens.

Not looking promising right now.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Ill race my 4 wheeler lol

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hey don't forget about me. Best time so far [email protected] Wife gave me the go ahead to start building the new motor already have some JE pistons on the way. Think I can still break 11s on the current setup just need some good cold air and the dang thing to hook. Let me know the next time every one is going done on a Saturday.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,803 Posts
Hey don't forget about me. Best time so far [email protected] Wife gave me the go ahead to start building the new motor already have some JE pistons on the way. Think I can still break 11s on the current setup just need some good cold air and the dang thing to hook. Let me know the next time every one is going done on a Saturday.
Ya buddy Van, Our birds will have some new times (hopefully) when the time comes :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts