TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Mushroom Stamp Layer
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I was demoted from being your local 4.6 forum moderator to nothing. That's right...NOTHING. My whole account got deleted. I've been here for over 4 years and my account gets deleted.

Did I attempt a DOS attack on the server? No
Did I abuse my powers as a moderator? No (this comes back into play)
Was a deleted by Sir William or JT the forum administrators? No

My account was deleted by our great and holy Club Vice President, James LaBella (Cheetah). Do you even know who he is? I sure as hell don't. Do you see him take an active roll in the club or on our forums? I don't. So what exactly makes him the Vice President and what happened to Mark (Dr Nuts)?

So I state my opinion in a post about the 03 saleen TBird and this gets me deleted? I didn't use any foul language. I didn't use a long sig. Hell I didn't even get deleted by the FORUM moderator (shadow). I didn't get an email about this and...I got no word as to why my account got deleted. Neither did the FORUM MODERATOR. So what happened is that James...the <b>Vice President</b> decided it was within his power to protect himself...jumped over ShadowDragon and did his own little thing.

Now I've been moderating here for quite sometime and I've never abused my power. But this to me is a prime example of the abuse of power.

So who says that James is the Vice President? I sure as hell don't. I've never seen any vote tally. He is from Florida so we know voting won't work. Can we impeach this VP?

Sebastian "Seabass"

·
Mushroom Stamp Layer
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WOW...now I see this so called Vice President of ours is deleting other people's posts simply because they differ in opinion.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
Hey Seabass,

Man, you did an awesome job as a moderator! This is a bunch of BS that just happened to you! I sure hope this site doesn't lose you like we lost just about everyone else.

Everyone who reads this reply to and support Seabass so that he gets his account back.

·
Mushroom Stamp Layer
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I intend to get my account back and stay as a moderator in the 4.6 forum. What I really think should happen is that James LaBella (Cheetah) loses his Super Moderator rights. Tell Sir William our Club President what you think..

[email protected] is the email

Sebastian "Seabass"

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Deleting someones post because their opinion differs from yours is bad. Deleting someones account because their opinion differs from yours is an abuse of power. Deleting a moderators account because their opinion differs from yours severely hurts this club. Especially when the moderator in question is one of the best sources of knowledge we have.

Regardless, I would hope someone would have enough respect to tell me when they do something like this in a forum I moderate. Or inform anyone at all that a moderators account was just plain deleted.

I'll go do the pic of the day now before my account gets deleted as well.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
agreed, this is uncalled for, and should not be tolerated. This is the pointless, and stupid crap that helped hurt this club in the first place.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
Seabass, I have already sent a pm about this to Bill

·
Mushroom Stamp Layer
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In an PM from "someone":

<b>i dont really know how much you value my opinion, but i just wanted to let you know that i have never been impressed with the actions of james and this latest escapade of his is definetly uncalled for. i will be pushing actively to have him removed from any position of authority.

i think it goes without saying that we would all hate to lose you over the childish acts of someone like james.</b>

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Well just remmebr he is the same moron who drives a car for hours to a dyno tune that is totally not running right, then wonders why they won't tune it(in other words, fix all of his mistakes for him for free, so that it can be tuned). Then whines like a little ***** when they won't.

Funny, with all the global moderators on MTC, we never seem to have ANY problems of this nature. Of course we keep morons like laBelly out too. Think maybe that has something to do with it? :D

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
And to think some people pay money for memberships and raffles to be treated like this.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
huh? i've met james, and I dont recall him being a (profanity). I'd realy like to know whats going on here.

Also, you guys should all know: Not everyone who puts time and effort into this club is a frequent poster. James has done alot of work in the past, and probably still does, Troy Brand is practically killing himself trying to expeand our aftermarket, then theres the fellas like me who organize meets and such. Theres alot going on here that you all dont see, so dont be immediatly judgemental of some one with a low post count.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i dont think theres any question that, at the very least, his forum status should be revoked. i would have no problem with having him removed from his position in the organization entirely.

he comes around once in a blue moon to add his two cents, which is usually unwanted, and to start little power struggles. i dont see any conflicts between any moderators except with him.

and to respond to the previous post, i have met james, and i think youll find that most of the people who are offended here have as well. its not simply what he does on this board that forms our, or at least my, opinion(s).

·
Registered
152 Posts
hey i'm still relatively new to this forum, but seabass has helped me out quite a few times. and he's always had some insight on my problems. james either needs to be demoted, or another super moderator has to step in. this is bs. you have my full support in this. btw i have a 3.8 sc, and seabass has STILL been a great help - this forum has GREAT potential, someone please end this sh*t

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Alright thats NOT COOL what happened. I've been around here a looooong time, i think longer than Sebastian has, I've seen some interesting stuff go on here but this is ridiculous. To delete a user account, and for that matter a moderator account is absolutely uncalled for.

I think this club is big enough to have a formal voting in process for President, Vice President(ONLY 1), Secretary, Treasurer, and the state directors. The TBSCEC has adapted this format and it seems find over there, the chicagoland thunderbird club is fine with this format has been for 20 years. VTCI has this there doing fine. why cant this club go that route?

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.