TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Interesting, but I couldnt deal with the monstrouisity on the trunk. Also I wasnt awhere of the 4.6 supercharged version xr7

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I wan't to kick that guy in the nuts 1000 times for desroying that poor XR7 Cougar. Hell it has the 5 speed to boot.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Article said:
These gases are then sent through further high temperature chambers, cooled somewhat, then released into the Beaver's V6 engine where combustion occurs.
Article said:
The car is still using an internal combustion engine, but it's not direct combustion like a gasoline powered car.
:bs: Um no.... It is still compressing and igniting a flammable fuel (in this case the output of the wood burning fuel supply system: Hydrogen, CO2, and Methane) just like every other internal combustion engine on the planet.

That person has done nothing but change the fuel type, and then produce the fuel in a trunk mounted system.

Sorry, not impressed due to the glaring inherent efficiency deficiencies. :leftright

·
Registered
613 Posts
:bs: Um no.... It is still compressing and igniting a flammable fuel (in this case the output of the wood burning fuel supply system: Hydrogen, CO2, and Methane) just like every other internal combustion engine on the planet.

That person has done nothing but change the fuel type, and then produce the fuel in a trunk mounted system.

Sorry, not impressed due to the glaring inherent efficiency deficiencies. :leftright
Would have been more impressed if the gasification was 'closed loop' once up to oper temps. Speaking of that... they said 'brick'; I think pellet is how the greeners go.

Only thing unique about it is the Supercharging.. assuming that part is correct.

And I assume the guy picked the car because it's one of very few with docile and reliable SC available for cheap.

Crap articles like that remind me of the 'stove' fad of the seventies. All the hippies were gonzo over burning deadwood and tight rolled newspapers and compressed cardboard {now some are STILL burning CORN!}.

Nothing like a simple minded collich indoctrination.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
This would be THE sportscar to drive in North Korea. :)
Apparently, they also use wood gasification over there to keep their vehicles rolling.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tpeddle/4956353820/
http://hangukstory.blogspot.com/2011/07/cars-in-north-korea-part-1.html

-g
That's their version of fuel cell technology.
:D
Works the same as the greeners here envisioned for fuel cells, too.
Drive home from work, hook the duct up to the hovel.. er.. house and use it to cook, heat and light the place.

·
Registered
613 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I think its pretty cool for the fact that you don't have to pay 4 bucks a gallon for gas. But I can't believe he did that to a 90 XR7 5 spd. I'm pretty sure that motor is not known for reliability tho aren't they known for blowing head gaskets like every other SC Tbird I see on craigslist.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts