TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No pics, sorry, but I had simply the best supper and had to share!

I ate:

Shrimp
Mullet
Catfish
Frog Legs
Crab Cakes
Grits
Hush Puppies
Swamp Cabbage
Cole Slaw

I feel like a King! I'll be munching on leftovers for 2 days!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Man that sounds delicious :) Dont know about the frog legs though. Whats your take on them? Also, what is swamp cabbage? lol it sounds interesting.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man that sounds delicious :) Dont know about the frog legs though. Whats your take on them? Also, what is swamp cabbage? lol it sounds interesting.
The frog legs are good maybe a little muskier than chicken - they don't taste like chicken unless they've been reheated (like the ones I just ate 5 minutes ago ... lol)
If you've ever had gator meat, it kind of tastes like that.

Swamp cabbage is cut out of palm trees. You don't take the center or the outer bark, but the material in between those two areas. It's really good boiled!

Up in Maine, we used to eat Fiddleheads. They are like baby ferns while they look like violin heads. Also a good veggy!

·
Super Moderator
11,915 Posts
No pics, sorry, but I had simply the best supper and had to share!

I ate:

Shrimp
Mullet
Catfish
Frog Legs
Crab Cakes
Grits
Hush Puppies
Swamp Cabbage
Cole Slaw

I feel like a King! I'll be munching on leftovers for 2 days!
... and what, pray tell, did you drink with this feast ... ? Hmmm ? :rolleyes: ;)

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
... and what, pray tell, did you drink with this feast ... ? Hmmm ? :rolleyes: ;)
Is this a trick question? BEER!

What would you drink, TM? Banana juice? hahahahahah (sorry, couldn't resist)

·
Super Moderator
11,915 Posts
Is this a trick question? BEER!

What would you drink, TM? Banana juice? hahahahahah (sorry, couldn't resist)

lol ... Only the finest banana liqueur of course ... :rolleyes: :D :zmonkey:

A blend of slow maceration of the freshest, tree ripened, bananas, hand picked by virgins in Brazil. The spirit of the bananas is extracted for an intense aroma, and a touch of Cognac to add body. The colour is canary-yellow with golden shades.

A heady tropical nose, laden with strong flavours of ripe and dried banana.
The taste is sweet, butter fried banana blazed with an oak-aged alcohol (rum or cognac).

Yum!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
lol they make that sound so good! I think I will stick with the Shiner Bock for now though ;)

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I have some 99 Bananas in the liquor cabinet, but that sure doesn't compare to your classy banana liquor pictured above, TM!

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I had to say thats a list man. I havent eaten that much at a dinner in I cant remember how long. I ate homemade roasted chicken pizza tonight simple and does me right. However those frogs legs sound more interesting. I hate land cabbage let alone swamp cabbage. I eat tomatoes and potatoes more than anything.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mmmm, give me some frog legs and snails, then some oysters and I would be set. Im also a sucker for some shake and bake chicken or pork cubes. Damn....now im really hungry, past midnight, gonna have to take the risk of feeding my gremlin.

·
Super Moderator
10,404 Posts
I eat tomatoes and potatoes more than anything.
Me too; that is, if you count ketchup as 'maters...

That, and large amounts of orange colored chicken, lol.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Me too; that is, if you count ketchup as 'maters...

That, and large amounts of orange colored chicken, lol.
I will eat anything, but that is one thing I hardly ever eat - ketchup.

Put Mustard on everything, however! Ketchup just has too much corn syrup in it for me.

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
I will eat anything, but that is one thing I hardly ever eat - ketchup.

Put Mustard on everything, however! Ketchup just has too much corn syrup in it for me.
Since a tomato is actually a fruit - isn't ketchup technically a smoothie? :diablo:

RwP

·
Super Moderator
10,404 Posts
Ketchup just has too much corn syrup in it for me.
Hunt's quit using it in theirs. :) I quit using Heintz the same day.

Since a tomato is actually a fruit - isn't ketchup technically a smoothie? :diablo:

RwP

Ralph, I can't argue with your logic; but it sure does make my face scrunch up funny thinking about drinking one... ugh!

:rofl:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts