TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local speed shop just opened up around here and come to find out, thay have a dyno. So I went down there today to see what the 'ol bird is pumping out right about now.
So I get there and I get a pull in and the fellow says that the HP numbers seem to be reading right but the torque looks to be off. (As you can see in the pic below.)

Anyway to make a long story short, I wasn't charged for the dyno time today and I get a free pull the next time I can make it down....."Yay for me!"

I was actually hopeing to see at least 200 rwhp.
Like I said in the topic, I'm calling this the Beta Dyno run though.

I know the different dyno's have different variances, does anyone know what the variance for the Mustang Dynometer is? Is it over-rating or under-rating?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh well, I'll post the next pull when I get it done.

Cheers :cool:

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
i never heard of doing it by mph, its normally over rpm's... the torque # may be off due to an unlocked tc? also if its not in 3rd gear the torque #s will all be off too. Maybe that spike is a gear shift? I don't know. If they're good they should be able to do it right.

·
Registered
347 Posts
A Dyno-Jet, which is not what you used, will typically show a higher rwhp number because it's fixed intertia, where as your Mustang Dynameter is based off loaded intertia.

You're going to want to make the run in third gear (1:1) and lock the TC. Unless you do that, theres really no backing in the numbers on any dyno-sheet you'd get.

IMO, if I'm going to take time and spend money, I'd want it done correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts