TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, with a Little persuasion when i was a bit tippsy, we replaced the 8 foot monster belt with a 43.3 inch belt, the belt is only on the altenator, and water pump and crank. The power steering wasn't as bad as i thought, but it takes some getting use to, well, any ways, i got 30.3 miles per gallon and the next time i got 30.2 miles per gallon, roughly 50/50 mixture off city and highway driving, so anyways, i thought that was cool, if anyone wants to try this or whatever, it takes like five minutes and the belt is 11.99 at autozone, the belt is 433k6, chaa!

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
is that on ur v-6 or v-8, if its on the 8 how did u route the belt ? cause if i remember all 3 of those are one right on top of eachother,

i wonder if it could free up even a little more hp??

it would be interesting to test out at a track some day

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its my v8, and i jut put the belt on those three, it likes first gear better, and 30 miles per gallon isnt bad either

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
with the power steering box in there, setup for having power, it may have issues around the parking lot, that actually sounds kind of cool, i think im gonna do it for poops and laughs, lol, and what made you think and do this idea besides acahol?

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
well like i said.... the 3 pulles are right on top of eachother, so how did u route the belt??

i dont think it would help me much more, because i already have u/d's

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
i think it would, and with underdrives it would be spining just what you need to run the car, i wanna try it and see how the car feels with no power steering

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, i also had to do alot of driving the next day so it seemed economical to remove the gigantic death belt

·
Registered
615 Posts
just take the belt off and drive it for about a quarter mile, watch your temp gauge cause teh Water pump is not spinning

·
Registered
615 Posts
I actually drove a markVIII that had a bad alternator for almost 30 miles to get it back home. I have no idea how the battery held up for so long, running all the hightech instruments of a Mark.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
It's hard to drive a car with power steering that's not on, becuase you move all that stuff in the steering box. But driving a car that never had power steering (like my ranger) isn't so bad. Plus if you have power steering and it doesn't work, you can lock a valve inside your power steering, which would make your steering completly lock up, so it's not something you'd wanna try going at a pretty could speed, jsut in case. You never know.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
JoeyICU said:
i think it would, and with underdrives it would be spining just what you need to run the car, i wanna try it and see how the car feels with no power steering
Take my advise, It sucks. One day this past winter in Boston, it was -25 degrees outside; -60 with wind chill and I blew the hose off of my PS pump it was so cold, so for 2 or 3 days I had to drive with no PS, it was horrible, I dreaded getting into my car each day.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
i was thinkin it would be that bad, so how did this one guy drive without it so much?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts