TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on january 9th. :bawling: have to put it in storage for the next year while im in korea. this is really going to suck!

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
FordFanatic said:
on january 9th. :bawling: have to put it in storage for the next year while im in korea. this is really going to suck!

Dude, I know how you feel wholeheartedly, Had to do it for my bird when I was in Japan for 3 years. 1 year will go by so fast! Just be safe and Have fun.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do u have someone lined up to keep an eye on her and fire her up every couple weeks or once a month?
its going to be stored indoors at a storage place here in fayetteville. i'll fork up the money and then get reimbursed once i get back. the only time they will start it up is a couple of days before i come back to get it. i could have paid them more money to do things like start it up, change the oil, and wash it but i would rather not. i guess i'm just than anal about my car.

Drive it up here and I'll "look after it" while you're away
thanks for the "offer", i've had several of them and turned them all down. lol

·
Registered
493 Posts
FordFanatic said:
thanks for the "offer", i've had several of them and turned them all down. lol
First deployment out to sea six months let a friend watch my 70 Mustang when I got back a week early and found my car trashed.
Re-upped spent 3 years at Pearl and had PMO put the car up it was strange I left 78 Lincoln Mark with a little over 12,000 got back to the states and picked up the car I felt like I was time warp. I picked up the car 3 years later with only 4 mile more than I left it and the funny thing 3 years later and it still had a new car smell.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what I'm going to avoid. at least if the company F's up my car they are insured, and I'll still have my comprehensive coverage through my insurance company.

guess the old saying still rings true, "nobody takes care of your things as good as you do".

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Where are you going in Korea? I was at Camp Humphreys in 91-92...had a great time!

I left my Mustang with my parents then...and my little brother wrecked it...twice. Both of them were minor, once a taillight and the other a rim had to be replaced...

I have driven my Birds less than two weeks in the last 20 months...and I may stay here until next October.

Anyway, have fun Korea. And be careful.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey chad, I am watching Ollies speed6 for him while he is gone...got room for another for $0. Lemme know.....
thanks for the offer but i get reimburshed for the cost of storage anyway and its a shorter drive to pick it up from here when i get back.

Where are you going in Korea?
osan ab. from everything i've been told and seen it looks like a pretty decent place. the only thing that will really suck will having to be away from the family.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Osan is nice...at least it was in the early 90's...there was a Wendy's just a couple hundred meters from the front gate...Plus it had a great PX...sorry BX and Commissary. Camp Humphrey's is just a short distance from there.

Make sure you have some clothes made at one of the millions of tailor shops outside.

Stay safe...until I came to Kosovo, Koreans were the worst drivers I had ever seen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts