TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in my tbird for a 2002 Ford Escape. The transmission was shot and the brakes needed to be replaced. So I had to say goodbye. I had her for 5 years.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
Bummer. I toyed with the idea of getting a new car during the summer of 2002...I had to laugh at what the dealerships offered as a trade on my car ($0).

With the information I've found on this site and in the service manual for the Thunderbird, it's costs a lot less to keep my 1994 T-bird going than it would've been to buy a new car.

Enjoy the Escape....and good luck to you!

-Pete

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
My mom has a 02 escape. They are actually pretty nice cars or SUVs or whatever. Not bad on room inside. Compfy, whiteface gauges, my mom has the 16" wheel package with the step runner and rack on top. It makes it look tougher when its really not. Also it's not to bad on the qucikness either. My moms has the V6 (i think there are 4cyls too) and it moves pretty good.

The things I dont like is you can really hear the road noise from inside sometimes. Also my moms has the weather stripping sort of not fully attatched inbetween the doors since she got it. That also bugs me because it lets in noise when driving. Other then that I find them pretty good so far.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yea if i were to get a lightweight suv i would definetely consider the escape. I dont know much of the specifics of them at all, but ive ridden in one my buddy had and i was pretty impressed. So at least you picked a decent replacement for your bird :)

Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts