TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been noticing a clunk in the rear of the car, sometimes it was there, sometimes not, didn:t think too much of it. Well going to work today, There was the clunk, along with the car not moving, I put it in neutral, and then drive and hit the gas, it cluncked again and I went on my way, nothing more after that on my way to work, Now I did notice my brake pedal was a little spongey... well, here is the kicker, coming home 7 pm. I-96 to the Southfield, car clunks again, with repeated clunking, then noticing I have little braking left... parked it, called a wrecker and got picked up, on the way to being picked up, I opened the hood, then got back in the car, now as usual I step on the brake when I get in, this time when I did it, I saw a puff of smoke, as the car was still running... brake fluid on the headers..... wonderful.

Car isn:t going anywhere for awhile, and now I have something more to fix, and that is going to be fixed, when I pull the motor and all that crap out. to see exactly what is all screwed up....

I am really lucky on this one.. I think If I would have tried to go down the bridge completely, I would not have any brakes..... nice eh...

Now I really need winter to go away....

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
hey I wil talk with a few guy's at my work let them read the problem and see if we can get you running again.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, I will tell you this, it sprays brake fluid on the motor now. I need to get it on a lift and check the undercarriage. then I can take a better look at the mess, but not until the ground thaws, I have alternate means of transportation now, so I am not in a rush to get it fixed, more than likely I will get it to the new house, in the garage, drain all fluids and get her ready for the swap.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
kinda sound's like a line by the master cylinder has a hole in it??? It's not rusted there is it.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took a visual, but guess what, I didn't see anything. I will do more when I don't have my uniform on..... its cold out there boys and patent leathers don't do so well for keeping the feet warm!

But the bird is resting comfortably in the backyard with a fresh blanket of snow.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
well if you want a hand to see what it is let me know. You got's my number.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
hey so how's it working now????

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did make this thread huh. Well, all is good now. Need to bleed the front. For those of you that don't know this, but Dennis came over, help find a new proportioning valve since that was what went haywire, then went to bleed the brakes, only to find out that the driver side brakes we screwed up, the cluncking that I heard was in fact brake pads that separated from the shoes in the rear. So we installed new pads and hardware in the rear and bled them, not the front though, and I have a little bit of a soft pedal. Took us a little bit to get done.

Thanks Dennis! Really Appreciate it!

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dennis, Need for you to drive it. Somewhere, somehow, there is a clunk. and the rears arent engaging all the way. So, we need to do some fine tuning, and have you actually feel the car.

Fun fun fun

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
alright man I got an Idea!!! Friday I don't work well we will have to play this by ear I hear were suppose to get some snow.?.? anyway If weather permit's Friday I will run up to your work steal your car go home get it fixed and get you straight! Or I go up to your work with the stuff in the bed and get you straight either way, or you stop by after work! I think it's easier to do when were on a slab a cement instead of grass. LOL

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Yeah Wednesday you got to go to the house right. See what the wife and kid's want to do. If it's gonna be cold tomorrow and snowing were gonna have to hold off, but if it deceint we could try it real quick to fix it.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea, Have to be at the house at 4-4:30. I don:t think I will have much time to help you though, we will be going over paperwork and I will have a fence guy there too.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
That's cool we can try it Friday I think it's going to be real windy today.
also what time you think your gonna get out a there? I told Ron (trunk monkey) to meet up over around my house about 5:30 6. I gotta call Jurgen let him know.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For Which day? Today is the paperwork, that is all. 5:30 -6 then we should be back to work by then. ... ... ...

Talk to you soon, roger. If you want to do it Friday, we can do it in my parents yard, only this time on the actual driveway!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
For Which day? Today is the paperwork, that is all. 5:30 -6 then we should be back to work by then. ... ... ...

Talk to you soon, roger. If you want to do it Friday, we can do it in my parents yard, only this time on the actual driveway!

Help I think I confused myself.

ok let me get this straight Today your going to the house to walk threw and the fence guy is coming out right??

I still need to call Jurgen see if he is up for meeting this evening, T-birdfan said he could meet me about 5:30 at my house. Trunk monkey is swining by around 5 5:30 I beleive. Waiting to here how your playing today out.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh oh oh, yea, you have got that right. Maybe I can shoot by your house afterwords then.. Hang out for a minute or so. Meet some of the guys....

So at YOUR house @ 5-5:30.... Ok. I think we have cleared that up.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Sure!!! LOL
Whenever you get done with your house thing you aint gotta be in a rush or nothing there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts