TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on automotiveforums also, so some of you may see this twice.

Alright, I'm having a custom stereo system installed into my car in the next couple days. The system will fill the whole trunk, and I need all the space i can get for it to fit. I noticed the little black box mounted in the trunk with all the wires, and I need to relocate it. We thought about cutting the supports for it and double-side taping it on the side of the trunk behind the carpet. I just wondered what this box was exactly and if it would hurt to move it?

·
Registered
296 Posts
thunderchicken2 said:
I posted this on automotiveforums also, so some of you may see this twice.

Alright, I'm having a custom stereo system installed into my car in the next couple days. The system will fill the whole trunk, and I need all the space i can get for it to fit. I noticed the little black box mounted in the trunk with all the wires, and I need to relocate it. We thought about cutting the supports for it and double-side taping it on the side of the trunk behind the carpet. I just wondered what this box was exactly and if it would hurt to move it?
do you have factory premium sound?

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
If it is a small black box attached to the underside of the package tray, it is more than likely the EVO box (variable assist steering). As long as it is still connected, moving it won't hurt anything.

-Rod

·
Registered
105 Posts
I removed my black box stock and thats were the stock amp was located. It was part of the Ford Premiem sound system.
I just removed the box and moved the amp. It was pretty simply.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
racecougar said:
If it is a small black box attached to the underside of the package tray, it is more than likely the EVO box (variable assist steering). As long as it is still connected, moving it won't hurt anything.

-Rod
:zwthstpd:
This question comes up every month or so. Every MN12 has one. It is for the variable assist power steering. My car does not have premium sound, remote door locks or security system, but it does have this box.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, It's a 95, so it doesn't have the premium sound..therefor it must be the steering. Thank you everyone for the help. :)

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
I think there were some MN12's without the variable assist steering...and in my 97 the box is under the dash, just so everyone knows if they ever find out they have EVO but can't find their box. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts