TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It starts after a few seconds of holding the key and while its starting, there is almost a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sound, or even a high pitched winding. I had someone listen to it as I tried to start it and they say its sounds like the starter. Anyone agree?

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
I think your car is having too much fun...that's the problem! lol ;)

I think that's your power steering pump, give it a good flush-a-roo!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Does it sound like a little electric motor spinning freely? Does your engine turn over while it is making the sound? That sounds like the solenoid not engaging on the starter.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think your car is having too much fun...that's the problem! lol ;)
hahaha thats funny, i wasn't expecting that lol

tinman_72 said:
Does it sound like a little electric motor spinning freely? Does your engine turn over while it is making the sound? That sounds like the solenoid not engaging on the starter.
Thats exactly what it sounds like. The motor does turn over while its making the sound as well. I have another starter just laying around so I will swap them out and see what happens.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like your starter pinion gear is not coming in full contact with your flywheel ring gear. Your starter can be shimmed to correct the problem.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
shimmed?? this aint no chevy
:zwthstpd:

Never had to shim a Ford starter before. Never had to change an exhaust donut gasket on a Ford, either.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts