TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have The real Actual "THE CLUB"....you know the ones you put on your steering whhel to lock it and prevent anybody from steeling it.....well I have 3 of these things including something called "THE HAMMER".....somewhat similar to "THE CLUB"....anyway....I can't find the keys to these things.....what can I do?

Thanks
BeirutsFinest

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Weld them together and make a sculpture?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
lol.. yea, basically.. the club is almost pointless.. a simple snip to the steering wheel and it slides off.. try the auto lock if you want something a bit more secure.. attaches to the brake pedal and pushes itself down against the floor so the car can't get out of park.. or put in on the clutch for cars with a 5-speed and you can't even start the car..

now it can still be broken.. they do make repo devices that'll get off just about anything, but the autolock is a bit tougher for common car theifs.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Yeah, or get creative with yuor anti-theft features. Hide a switch under the ash tray that ties into the fuel pump relay in the trunk? No fuel = no engine starting. Or do the same thing with the EEC power wire. Perhaps the cam sensor wire? Without the cam sensor reading, it shouldn't ever start...

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
BeirutsFinest said:
Hey guys I have The real Actual "THE CLUB"....you know the ones you put on your steering whhel to lock it and prevent anybody from steeling it.....well I have 3 of these things including something called "THE HAMMER".....somewhat similar to "THE CLUB"....anyway....I can't find the keys to these things.....what can I do?

Thanks
BeirutsFinest
Throw that thing away.If someone wants your car it is thiers.I lived up by you and seen it all.The club,the hammer is a joke.They will steal your car just because it has it on sometimes.Trust me,I have SEEN it done.They see a club and say "watch this" 30 seconds later your club is laying where your car was parked and the car is headed to New York or downtown Newark.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
rig up one of those things that lets them drive away, then shut the car down 30 seconds later. It'll save you your deductable.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually

I never use those "THE CLUB" or "THE HAMMER"......That's why I was so careless as to lose the keys to them....I was wondering what I can do so I can sell them cheap to somebody who might want them.....

They have been sitting in my garage....My uncle gave me 3 "THE CLUB" and 1 "THE HAMMER"....I was just hoping to sell them....guess maybe that's out of the question?

Thanks
BeirutsFinest

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Someone selling four anti-theft devices might draw some suspision from the police. Not saying your a criminal, just that if they are watching you, they might bust you for something really minor just to search you.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They Can

They Can search all they want......they won't find anything but 4 anti theft devices....but I meant selling them on the forums.

BeirutsFinest

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
GreenBird said:
rig up one of those things that lets them drive away, then shut the car down 30 seconds later. It'll save you your deductable.
another good point.. because if you have an anti-theft device that prevents the thief from taking the car, then it's just vandalism.. but if he takes the car, and then it shuts down on him, then it's grand theft auto.. a much higher crime :) and it'd be nice to see some scum spend some longer time in jail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts