TCCoA Forums banner

421 - 440 of 455 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
18,073 Posts
:facepalm:

Was this a ford decision, or an owner with a sense of... style? :)
Ford with their sense of... style

Early SC wheels were non directional as well

FWIW the main jade tbird was a 93 with 89-92 alloys. 92s had chrome inserts in the rear bumper and quarter trim. There may have been a 92 for stunts though

And whatever that new Katherine Heigl movie where she's a bounty hunter is called, there's an electric red 93 Cougar next to a SUV that gets blown up. I've seen it in the commercials dozens of times

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
The movie "Step Brothers"

After the night vision goggles, on the back wall in the bedroom there is a Thunderbird emblem on the wall.

·
Super Moderator
11,031 Posts
Oil commercial...

There's an oil commercial running, where they show an engine in x-ray perspective; I'm pretty sure that's a mod motor. (Not an mn12, but hey...)

EDIT: It's a Shell commercial, lol. Advertising doesn't really work with me...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
red Tbird in the NCIS LA episode "patriot acts" i guess its supposed to be a bomb vehicle or something, you only ever see the driver side windows, and the back all busted out.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
18,073 Posts
Just goes to show how much of a fluke Top Gear UK is. Even across the pond, 99% of entertainment is complete dreck. Typical awful reality show dialogue, crap research and dumb premise.

Of the short amount of time I was willing to waste on that garbage I heard the first Thunderbird was from 1953, and the 1989 SC they have was called a 1993

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Just goes to show how much of a fluke Top Gear UK is. Even across the pond, 99% of entertainment is complete dreck. Typical awful reality show dialogue, crap research and dumb premise.

Of the short amount of time I was willing to waste on that garbage I heard the first Thunderbird was from 1953, and the 1989 SC they have was called a 1993
What makes it an 89 and not a 93?

·
Super Moderator
5,284 Posts
The seats, the taillights, the front bumper, the gauges, the steering wheel, the door panel switch plates, the console top, the console lid, the wheels, the washer tank, the brake booster/master, the coolant tank...

Shall I go on? :D
The console top and lid changed between 89 and 93? I thought the change was in 1994. Especially since I have one out of a 1993 in my 1991 ...

And in fairness - my 1991 has a lot of "1990" parts on it. Some of that could have been Ford England using older designs for a few years. Or not.

RwP

·
Super Moderator
5,284 Posts
Ah.

*shrug* It could well have been the LX I got my console lid out of had already been replaced. Dunno.

RwP

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I liked the show. It doesn't matter to me that they have some of their facts wrong. I am going to watch the rest of the series. Hearing the guys banter back and forth are pretty funny.

·
Registered
180 Posts
MacGruber

After the coffee shop scene...
There is a 95 (if I remember correctly) bird parked next to the old red car where they find money in the trunk.

·
̇
3,701 Posts
CSI Vegas episode "Anonymous"

Blue or Silver?? 1992 Thunderbird LX

In this episode of CSI..Warrick, and Nick try to figure out how the Thunderbird went over the guard rail..

Rayo..

·
̇
3,701 Posts
CSI Vegas episode "You've got Male"

1992 or 1993 Black Thunderbird LX

In this episode of CSI..A killer uses a Thunderbird as a getaway car only to have it overheat down the road..
Stupid V6! :rant:

Rayo..

·
̇
3,701 Posts
:tongue:

I know..CSI isn't for everyone..I like the first 9 seasons of CSI Vegas with Grissom

I stopped watching the show after Grissom's departure..

So..I've been on a CSI kick lately, and just happened to notice a Thunderbird in a couple episodes..

When you look at the list of Movies in the first post of this thread..
You come to realize that movies from the late 90's, and early 2000's are about 80% of the movies you would find MN12 in..

That being said..There is probably only a few movies left not on the list that have MN12 in them..

Let's face it MN12 use to be plentiful..They were easy to find therefore they made it on camera all the time in the late 90's, and early 2000's..

The movies made nowadays follow the same trend..They just use more current cars in the movies that are plentiful, and easy to find..

Rayo..

·
̇
3,701 Posts
CSI Vegas episode "Built to Kill" (Part 2)

1991 or 1992 Black Mercury Cougar

In this episode of CSI..A Black Mercury Cougar slams into Catherine Willows car, and her daughter gets kidnapped in the process..

Rayo..

421 - 440 of 455 Posts