TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one that thinks the current problem with the stock market is nothing more than a major adjustment?

After all, "What goes up; must come down". For decades the markets have gone up and up and up and up, until they were hugely inflated (IMHO). (Much like the housing industry where shacks were going for $500K http://www.nowandfutures.com/images/median_us_home1963-current.png).

Dow Jones Industrial Average:

While I know it is tough on the economy, I just don't feel like it is the doom and gloom as everyone is saying. Unemployment isn't bad, still less than 10% (6.1% for Aug 08) which is on average with the rest of the developed countries in the world. And a far cry from the 25% during the Great Depression:

But I am definitely not an economist. Are there any economists out there who would like to expand/elaborate/educate as to the ramifications of the current failures. :D

Please keep this non-political and lean more towards an explanation of the current economic situation than bashing anybody. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
If I had a little extra money, I probably would invest while the market is down. I just know my 401K has really sucked this year with its current -23.9% rate of return. Oh well, it's not like I've got a ton of money in it now anyways.

-Rob

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
If you know what your doing you can make as much or more on a falling market than a rising one.
Abso-freaking-lutely. Financials have been very good to me lately.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
the real consern is the value of the US dollar... that is not going up any... thats where it hurts my wallet.

What are you smoking? The Dollar is up around 12% vs both the Euro and Sterling in the last 6 months!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts