TCCoA Forums banner

361 - 380 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ray, this issue is that I dont have a cast available to me to support those specs. Have you compared prices with a 245-50-17 vs 245-45-18? I think you might be surprised. Availability is sooo much better in the 18's than it is the 17's. This is one of the reasons 17's are no longer as desirable as 18's.

Brad
Same reason why I went with 18 over 17 - Much better tire selection. Hope to get my own Saleens soon! (and awaiting that tracking!)

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #363 ·
Wheel shipment arrived, I have updated the website to reflect our new stock numbers.

Something new thats coming soon is Black Chrome Speedstars. They have made it through the black chrome process and are on the water now. Ive not seen the finished product but will post up photos as soon as I have one on the floor.

The other thing that is coming soon and past the casting process is 18X10 Speedstars. They will be available in Chrome, Black & Silver Painted finishes.

Contact the shop to place your order now!! 509-843-1401 8-5pm pacific time Mon-Fri & Saturdays til Noon.

Thanks for your continued support!!!

Brad

·
Registered
844 Posts
What kind of pricing are the 18x10 Speedstars looking like for the painted ones?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #366 ·
Excited to announce that we finally have some 18X10 Saleen Speedstars available. The first bunch to arrive are in Black Painted Finish with the same specs as the Bullets we had for some years.

For those that already have Black Painted wheels from the previous casters and you want to replace the rears with 18X10's I cant guarentee that it will be an exact finish match obviously. However there are not many shades of Gloss Black. Also keep in mind the cap appearance will be different as well. So you would have to use some cap decals to get them to match.

Also...The Chrome & Silver painted 18X10's are on the way, just not available to ship just yet.

Thanks!!!

Brad

·
Registered
161 Posts
At some point is there ever going to be a correction for the Speedstars and at least the FN10's?

I never really did receive a decent response, and more folks are now encountering the same issues - having to take time to cut the supplied plastic center cap, and then reglue the logo plate over it.

The center cap itself is poorly made, and sits about 1/8' below the surface of the rim itself. If it was properly made and sat flush with the wheel this would not be an issue.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #368 ·
At some point is there ever going to be a correction for the Speedstars and at least the FN10's?

I never really did receive a decent response, and more folks are now encountering the same issues - having to take time to cut the supplied plastic center cap, and then reglue the logo plate over it.

The center cap itself is poorly made, and sits about 1/8' below the surface of the rim itself. If it was properly made and sat flush with the wheel this would not be an issue.
I dont know your name since you failed to identify yourself. Id think that would be helpful for me to address you.

Regardless of that oversight, as has been explained to any and ALL customers that have bought wheels from that specific casting, a new cap is being made. I have no control over the logistics of that process but I have seen a test cap before the production cap run.

If anyone has contacted me and Ive not replied please respond here or send a PM or Email to the custom wheel shop contact address. I have answered any and all questions concerning the issue.

Brad
The Custom Wheel Shop

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
How many sets of the Black Chrome Speedstars do you have?

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
There are several sets left, call the shop and place your order!! =)

Brad
I would like a set, but I won't be able to get them till April.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Are the chrome 18X10 Speedstars close to being available?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #373 ·
Are the chrome 18X10 Speedstars close to being available?
yes, we already have the 18X10 speedstars in Black Painted finish done. The Chrome should be showing up soon as they were in the same casting run. Something going on with the chrome shop. I get put to the end of the line alot of times when bigger runs come through the chrome shop. Best I can figure.

Also...Black Chromes are all gone. Should have more arriving in that finish as well.

Cheers

Brad

·
Registered
1,916 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #377 ·
Hey guys, yes the website hosting expired. Business as usual otherwise.

We may decide to continue on without the website though.

Brad

361 - 380 of 397 Posts