TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had this thing worked on quite a few times and the light went off. Also the transmission was rebuilt so the "OD off" light stops flashing. Then today I go out to my car and turn it on and it cranks a few times and it starts but the check engine light came on. It has been cranking quite a few times in the cold mornings in days past but since it did not happen in the afternoon after it warmed up I did not worry about it. But now im pissed that the light came back on. :confused: Any info would be cool ty guys.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
well we wont know for sure untill you post the code itself. you can try messing with the crank position sensor seeing how i knew they were a problem on the 94+ seeing how the wires would get loose or corroded.

Canyon country is in california? if so if your close to la county i would scan your codes for free.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea Canyon Country Is in Santa Clarita the city of six flags magic mountain. Where are you located it would be interesting to see what the code said.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright i got the code it is 0402 which translates to "exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Excessive detected". Can anybody tell me what that means?

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm so i just replace that sensor or i just disconnect the battery every couple of days. He he Ill have to think on it lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
there are a lot of EGR sensors which one do ya figure i need. (I couldnt find that exact part number.)

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Not sure what the part number for a 94 would be .

you might wanna check with the auto part store .

they call it "egR valve sensor" it might be different part number .

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
you can also try squirting some intake air cleaner into the throttle body/plenum to try to clean it up. i got that same code on my old 95 4 years ago and it just ended up being a dirty stuck open egr valve. sprayed some cleaner through it and it was running strong ever since.

they ARE famous for going bad on our cars and 90% of the time they need to be replaced. try out some intake air cleaner, if that doesnt fix the drivability then get the sensor.

-Mike

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have the 1994 PowerTrain Diagnosis manual that would cover this troubleshooting for you! Covers all Ford cars and trucks I believe, trans codes (when applicable) anti-lock brakes, and computer ECM codes.

Purchased in a lot from a closed L-M dealership here. Have MANY manuals from EVTM's, Shop/service manuals, Wiring diagrams (on ebay now!) and even Master Parts Catalogs for 90-97.

These are all paper books, not on CD for those of you that prefer "hands-on" documention like I do. This will all eventually hit eBay, but I wanna offer it to youse guys on the boards first. I got a lot of great help with our 91 LSC/SE back when it was problematic and wanna return the favor.

Drop me an email with your wants....
Steve steven.liebenow-atsign-att.net (Use @ accordingly....no spam!)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alright so im gonna go and squirt some cleaner in it. Also where can i find that sensor on the engine?

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
alright its probably a lil different on the 94 but i think ill manage ty for all your help

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea i found it yesterday its going to be fun getting it out

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.