TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well here is my day,2-1-07
I woke up late and was rushing to get out the door for work.Then I was late to work.Which the boss was not happy about.Then I had to deal with some Ignorant people,
Finally my lunch break came.I hop in my truck go to the nearset McDonalds and as I am in the drive ordering my food my truck starts to lose compression.So I am thinking, WTF could it be????Then I drive back to work and I noticed the temp gauge moved higher than normal and the truck would lose loads of power when I shifted.Hmm.....I get to work and shut the truck off and pop the hood.Yup just as I expected.HEADGASKET!
So here I am having a terrible day.My wife comes to pick me up from work because I have a water fall of coolant pouring out from inbetween the block and head.I get in my Blazer and,
Wow I hear a faint high pitched whine and my volts are down to around 11.Well so now I am hit with a bad alternator too!!!
Replaced the Alternator but the Toyota still sits at the Dealership.

I am trying to figure out if I should fix or ditch.Parts only cost me about $200 for the Toyota and that is with replacing the Guides,Timing chain,Gears and tension plus headwork.As long as the head isn't cracked.

Hopfully tomorrow will be better.:rolleyes:

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
So what are we selling then? ;)

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
th3subtl3on3 said:
So what are we selling then? ;)
Nothing for a Ford.

Nativedetroiter said:
I agree, Crappy day, but there shouldn't be many of those, hopefully, and you will be in Cali in a few weeks. Should be alright.
Ya I am looking on the bright side there.Funny thing is about 4 weeks ago I blew the brake line in the Blazer and Blew 2 Brake lines in the Toyota at the same time,along with some siezed calipers and thin rotors..

These trucks like to brake at the same time which hurts my wallet and my Bird Mod funds:(

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
A broken Toyota? That cant be!!!

Lol sarcasm

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Time to upgrade to an F150 :D

****ty day, but think at least tomorrow cant be any worse

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well today was much better.Sorry I posted in the wrong forum.Mods please move.
Got the truck towed to my parents today and we begin ripping her down this weekend.Hey are least the Bird still runs good.
warmaster259 said:
A broken Toyota? That cant be!!!
Lol sarcasm
Ya well I bought the last owners problems.And the last owner just happens to be my boss.He never maintanced it like he should have.Nothing I can do about it now.He is pro Toyota and hates fords.I told him "That Toyota ya sold me is a POS,But hey at least my Ford never has problems."
Oh he didn't like that remark.Who knows I just might scrap the truck.Depends on how bad it really is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts