TCCoA Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The definitive PI intake swap...all years 1876-1997 :)

42K views 103 replies 24 participants last post by  General Zod 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I think more effective might be to have them suffer as they watch your car get pieced back together over the next 10 years.

#8 ·
Intake manifold swap from '03 Police Interceptor

What will I need to do in order to swap the intake manifold (including fuel rail, injectors, throttle body, etc.) from an '03 4.6L Police Interceptor to a '95 T-Bird 4.6? I'm new to this stuff guys. I apologize ahead of time.

#10 ·
Oh okay. And my next question is whether or not a Non-PI intake manifold from a '96-'00 will fit and give me anything worth doing?

#12 ·
I understand completely Rob. And I apologize. I'm 19 and trying to learn..

#13 ·
I think its explained in the tech articles section under the PI swap sections, one of the mods on this website should really make the tech articles easier to find. It's on the TCCOA home page under the tech articles or some ****

#14 ·
Okay. I didn't think to look under that tech article for non-PI manifold. I'll search some more.

#16 ·
Intake swap

I'm doing a pi intake swap from a 04 explorer, I have a whole 04 engine but I'm going to wait to put it in and just going to swap intake into my 95 for now, I was wondering if the plenum and throttle body was any different from the 04 explorer then the 96/97 one people use, I also have a plenum and throttle body off a 96 mustang, is there any difference or any one I should choose to use?
I also have alot of stuff for the swap like a 96/97 egr that bolts to the plenum, I don't have the tube tho, would my 95 or the explorer one work?
For egr delete I would need a tune correct?
Thanks

#17 ·
Get the 96/97 egr tube from ford it isn't that expensive. You need quite a few 96/97 parts to do this such as throttle cable and bracket. Don't forget about the tube under the intake and the nipple behind the water pump. You need the air intake parts too. Go find a 96/97 4.6 car in a junkyard and take all the accessories to the intake but not the intake You need some electrical connectors too The wires will be short and a couple connections changed.
Alan

#18 ·
I'm in need of 96+ thermostat housing with bolts, the tube under the intake and nipple behind water pump, and if you have a near new egr tube pm me with what you have, thanks

#19 ·
I got everything at the yard yesterday exept that nipple behind the water pump.
I was wondering if the tube under intake car be used off the explorer or has to be 96+ bird? And I guess I'll just order that water pump nipple because it seems like you have to destroy it to get it out.
Is the part number for the nipple f75z-8555-aa ?

#21 ·
Personally I prefer the crown vic tube and ditching the satc cold lockout (heater cold auto on sensor)

#23 ·
i don't think my cold lockout even works, but i left it in by cutting it off the old tube, flaring it on both ends, then splicing it into the hose i used to connect the PI tube to the heater core. figured it was in their before, why not leave it :D still blows cold air on my feet in the winter. 'shrug'

neat, my thread is listed in their at the bottom of the definitive PI swap link! i feel special :D

#24 ·
i don't think my cold lockout even works, but i left it in by cutting it off the old tube, flaring it on both ends, then splicing it into the hose i used to connect the PI tube to the heater core. figured it was in their before, why not leave it :D still blows cold air on my feet in the winter. 'shrug'
So, how did you make the ground connection?

On the 5.0HO, it's completed through the bolt that holds that tube to the intake.

If that tube is just floating in rubber, you need to provide a ground return for that switch.

RwP

#26 ·
Iv got my factory Intake off and went to fit the explorer one and it seems to be In the way of the the coolant tube / water pump nipple. Do I have to take out the plugs In the intake for the tube to run threw or get a different coolant tube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.