TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and a group of friends were talking about our favorite movies the other night, and I got alot of good ideas of what to rent. I'll start it off with my top three favorite

1.) Fight Club
2.) Cruel Intentions (very easially could have been number one, excellent soundtrack also)
3.) Boiler Room

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Favorite movies... Don't think I can pick em, but I'll name off a few I really like

House of 1000 Corpses
Session 9
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (I say the remake is even more messed up than the original)
Night of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead (which has been remade and will be released to the theaters)
Day of the Dead
Event Horizon

If you couldn't tell, I love B horror movies :) There's lots more, but that's a start

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
if you liked House of 1000 Corpses, go see Wrong Turn. not that alike, but similar. AND I GO TO SCHOOL AROUND THE APPALACHIANS.

my favorite movie, without a doubt, is Road To Perdition. my God i love that movie.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Not a big horror fan.. too predictable.. but a good one was Darkness Falls... I liked that one...

Blade and Blade II are VERY high up on my list...
Can't forget Braveheart, or Patriot, or Brotherhood of the Wolf...

I'm a HUGE movie fan/geek... I have well over 200 dvd's... and counting...

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Brotherhood was good, and I'm only partially saying that because I got to see Monica Bellucci's assets again. :D

Silence of the Lambs
Hannibal
Red Dragon (the second one)
Godfather Trilogy
Highlander
Highlander III
Malena
Indiana Jones Trilogy
Dances with Wolves
Brotherhood of the Wolf
Matrix I & II (will find out if III is any good next week)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I agree with Shadow. Anything with Monica Bellucci in it. Regardless of how good or bad the flick is. Past that...

Ghostbusters
Event Horizon (which is much better than any B movie I've seen. That movie rocked)
Cowboy Bebop: Stairway to Heaven
Matrix I, II, and III, (regardless of how good or bad it will be)
Boondock Saints (great flick!)
Judge Dredd (Who wouldn't want a LawGiver or an ABC robot?)
Virtuosity ( Sid 6.7 - need I say more?)
All of the Evil Deads (which does include Army of Darkness)

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
Brotherhood was good, and I'm only partially saying that because I got to see Monica Bellucci's assets again. :D

Silence of the Lambs
Hannibal
Red Dragon (the second one)
Godfather Trilogy
Highlander
Highlander III
Malena
Indiana Jones Trilogy
Dances with Wolves
Brotherhood of the Wolf
Matrix I & II (will find out if III is any good next week)
Good list! :)

Yeah.. Monica Bellucci... hehe.. sweet...

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
The "Matrices" (I guess...the original was great and so was Reloaded, I can only imagine that Revolutions will kick butt) are definitely at or very near the top of my list...

Favorite Comedies: Most classic Adam Sandler movies, the two name movies are the best IMO (Happy and Billy)...Tommy Boy is always classic, as is Office Space (me and my friends just have a lot of inside jokes with Office Space)

Favorite comic-genre movie (as those are becoming big now...): Daredevil. I just like it more than Spiderman and the rest of them. Besides, Jen Garner is HOT.

I'm a pretty big Bond fan, not just the new ones either. I'd love to get the whole set of all twenty.

Drama: Probably A Few Good Men. Great movie.

Other stuff: I like military movies set in current or past times (back to prob. WWII)....U-571, Crimson Tide, Red October, We Were Soldiers, Black Hawk Down.

I don't know if I could ever have a "favorite" movie. If I did, it would probably be the Matrix Trilogy.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hmmm... well,

Blade Runner
A Clockwork Orange
(Most anything done by Kubrick - The Shining - Full Metal Jacket - Barry Lyndon - 2001 - Dr. Strangelove - Lolita...)
Matrix 1 2 & (3 will be awesome)
Apocalypse Now
Lord of the Rings (all)
A Bug's Life
Final Fantasy
Memento (That is the correct spelling too)
Manhattan
Broadway Danny Rose ( ...like my Aunt Rose, she looked like something you might buy at a live bait shop)
(I know I'll get a lot of flack here, but I'm a Woody Allen fanatic, I think he is one of the funniest people who's ever lived - a bit perverse yes, but funny as hell)
The Professional
The Fifth Element ( big Gary Oldman fan)

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
2.) Cruel Intentions (very easially could have been number one, excellent soundtrack also)
i went to high school with the hot blond in the sequel...kerri lynn pratt. looks just as good in person as she does on screen.

sounds silly, but my favorite movie is RUDY.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Drama:
THe usual suspects
memento (wow what a mind twister)
american beauty
the outsiders
seven
fight club
American History X (or any movie with ed norton)
Life of David Gale (much better if they made it longer)
The professional

Action:
the hunted
indiana jones

Comedy:
office space
toy stories
evil dead 1, 2 and 3

edit:
forgot die hard

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
CyLum said:
Hmmm... well,

Lord of the Rings (all)
A Bug's Life
Final Fantasy
Memento (That is the correct spelling too)
The Professional
The Fifth Element ( big Gary Oldman fan)
I like all those.. I have too many to create a list... :) I have a feeling this thread could rather large...

Professional is a GREAT movie... I can't believe no one else mentioned LOTR's.. I totally forgot... Bug's Life was funny as hell... Fifth Element... Milla... Milla.. Milla... need i say more?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Crystal said:
House of 1000 Corpses
Session 9
awesome movies :thumbsup:

I'd have to say

Evil Dead series
Boondock Saints
and Jenna Jameso... uhhh... that's about it :D

edit: and I forgot the best of all GOOD FELLAS :)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
anyone ever see requim for a dream.... GREAT flick but it was one of those movies that leave you totally speachless staring off into space after your done watching it lol :D

·
Registered
890 Posts
Ok, I'll just write it up to omission, but I can't believe nobody has mentioned even ONE Quentin Tarantino movie. Pulp Fiction is my favorite, with True Romance right behind. Haven't seen Kill Bill yet, but I will soon.

I love his style ('son of a preacher man' scene in Pulp Fiction) and his underworld realism (throughout all of his movies).

·
Registered
515 Posts
Smokey and the Bandit fo life!
"Im gonna git you you sum-b!tch"
-Sheriff Buford T. Justice of Texas

1 - 20 of 73 Posts