TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
The only thing that bugs me is they got the year range wrong, 1994 - 1997. We know that's WRONG, lol.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts

·
Administrator
8,010 Posts
What I meant was, he starts by saying it's a 94-97(?) SC. We all know the 97 part was wrong but I thought his focus was on the later model.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
16,828 Posts
I could only get through the video skipping because I value my time, but I did see the direct competition for the 1989-1995 SC was the 1997-2004 Regal GS:tongue:

Tell me more, youtuber!

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
A lot of misinformation and facts wrong like others have said. He could have went through the Wikipedia pags for MN12s and get a lot correct.
IMO a supercoupe would also make an awfull first car! I'd probably be dead now if my dumbass teenage self was behind the wheel of a supercoupe lol. Not to mention they have the problems all MN12s have now a days; in addition to an unreliable engine.

I do have to say though I am subscribed to him, have watched other vides he has put out. His content is usually somewhat interesting and he obviously has a thing for fords. He did a video on the FN10; I recall it being better than this recent one.

·
Super Moderator
7,492 Posts
That was difficult to watch with all the misinformation, but it is nice to see the cars get some recognition, and hopefully it will inspire people who otherwise might not know the SC exists to look into them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anybody out there interested in a 1996 LX with 188K - original 3.8L engine (Mobile One since the get-go - 23 mpg), original tranny and original exhaust - meticulous maintenance records and garaged.

Love it - but there comes a time...

Oh yeah - Boston area...

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I think him skipping the 89-93 SC was due to the interior being more "old fashioned" instead of the cockpit style of the 94-97 Thunderbirds. Yes, he got the years wrong, but again, he's obviously a new convert to the church of MN12, so we can give him a little slack. :D

He talks about them being a good first "sports car" and he goes over some of the more common issues *cough cough*head gaskets*cough cough*.

But yeah, not perfect, but we're long standing members of the congregation here.

·
Super Moderator
16,828 Posts
I think him skipping the 89-93 SC was due to the interior being more "old fashioned" instead of the cockpit style of the 94-97 Thunderbirds. Yes, he got the years wrong, but again, he's obviously a new convert to the church of MN12, so we can give him a little slack. :D

He talks about them being a good first "sports car" and he goes over some of the more common issues *cough cough*head gaskets*cough cough*.

But yeah, not perfect, but we're long standing members of the congregation here.
His channel seems to be Crown Vic centric, the 89-93 dash looks like a spaceship compared to the Panthers! He said in the video the 94+ styling was improved, which is a big to each his own claim.

If I saw that video when I was 16 I’d be just as critical of it as I am now, even when I was a noob I was a snob with car facts :tongue:

·
Super Moderator
10,410 Posts
Has anyone ever seen a bad set of head gaskets on a 4.6l that wasn't a supercharged or turboed engine?

·
Super Moderator
7,492 Posts
Yes, on a MarkVIII that was being run in lemons.

·
Super Moderator
10,410 Posts
Yes, on a MarkVIII that was being run in lemons.
Hmmm. So that means my daily driving style Could actually kill a set. :)

That's good to know, thanks!!

:D

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Has anyone ever seen a bad set of head gaskets on a 4.6l that wasn't a supercharged or turboed engine?
A 4.6 has to be abused/run too hot to blow a head gasket. They're notoriously reliable if maintained.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts